Troubling Matter: Peavey Max 100 24-Bit Digital Stereo Effects Processor

This forum is for discussions on the various types of Peavey processors and effects.
k0i_

Troubling Matter: Peavey Max 100 24-Bit Digital Stereo Effects Processor

Post by k0i_ » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:32 pm

Hi there, good day to all!!!

Still a newbie here in this forum. I would like to ask if anyone here has a service manual for "Peavey Max 100 24-Bit Digital Stereo Effects Processor"? I really do need it so that i could repair mine that i bought from a friend who accidentally inserted a dc jack with reversed polarity from a 16v/1amp psu. I did manage to replace one busted 35v/2200mfd cap and modified the internal (inside the effects processor's casing) power board because the +9vdc drops to 0vdc when it has load. I did some modifications on the circuit just to have a +9vdc that doesnt drop. Mounted back the effects board, tone control board, I/O board and Power Board to the casing and fired it up. The power indicator lit up and so did the other led's and the display led, inserted a headset to headset out, inserted an mp3 player to cd-in, inserted L-out to an amp and the R-out to another amp and lastly connected my guitar to the Line-in of the processor. But to my demise and some badluck, i could not hear my guitar or my mp3 through both amps! i checked all the lines volumes and switches and checked again, everything is in their proper place. i turned up both my amps to a quarter near max volume and i heard a crackling noise and a sound like a jet engine starting up and on the headphones i could hear static crackling sound from my mp3 player (like how an amp sounds when not enough voltage is supplied) and no sound from my guitar. i really do need to fix this before the 14th this month (November 2016) for i will be using it on stage to perform with my band for we are raising funds for a fellow musician hospitalized due to cancer and his family can't afford it so as a fellow musician i decided to help so did the rest of my band. Please do help me on this. I surely do would regret it if i can't use it on that day because i will make it a proof to all that anything or anyone can be saved / cured as long as we help each other even a dead "Peavey Max 100 24-Bit Digital Stereo Effects Processor" has been brought back to life. I surely do hope you all would help me on this matter. Thank you! More Power!

studiodtk5

Re: Troubling Matter: Peavey Max 100 24-Bit Digital Stereo Effects Processor

Post by studiodtk5 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:08 am

I suggest contacting customer service via email or telephone. They are always helpful and I am certain they will send you any information you require.
Darren
ITOC: 08-00190

Peavey stuff I have: Masterpiece 50, Custom Shop 212, Stereo Chorus 212, T-60, T-40, Signature Select, Odyssey II Prototype, Generation Custom EXP, Firenza P90-ACM, VB-2, Stomp Boxes, Radial Pro 1000, lots of mics, etc...

k0i_

Re: Troubling Matter: Peavey Max 100 24-Bit Digital Stereo Effects Processor

Post by k0i_ » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:19 pm

Hi there studiodtk5, Thanks for the reply and sorry for my very very late reply.. -got busy with my band-... anyways, i did ask for a service manual and true these guys really do help ASAP... Got it working finally thanks to the PEAVEY Staff who are so nice and helpfull.. -i wish others would do the same- Anyways, more power and god bless..