tubefex input problem

This forum is for discussions on the various types of Peavey processors and effects.
guywithbrokentubefex

tubefex input problem

Post by guywithbrokentubefex » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:15 am

Hello
I am a proud owner of a tubefex. sounds great and all that.
It stopped functioning properly the other day.The lights on the global eq do not light up and the computer says the tube stage is BYPASSED.The global output knob lights up but with many light around it instead of the regular one.
I re-initialized the unit with noo luck. My tech thought it was a power supply problem, so he went into it and can't find the problem there. So here I am with a broken tubefex. Anybody know a place to fix this stuff or have an idea of what it is?. Before I blew it up I was messing around with the global functions, maybe I somehow bypassed the input stage for good.
I am in Eastern Canada.If anybody has any leads let me know please.

fenderonly

Re: tubefex input problem

Post by fenderonly » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:32 am

Hi, Ken Fox here. Did the unit say "Memory Initialized to factory settings"?? If not the down and right cursors button contacts may need cleaning with a spray cleaner. Typically a dead battery will erase user memory and scramble the unit as you described. If that fixes it then get a battery-less memory chip

Here is a link to my web-page where you can get the chip and instructions. I do not however ship international.

http://foxvintageamps.com/classic_green_011.htm

guywithbrokentubefex

Post by guywithbrokentubefex » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:21 pm

I think the machine already has the Modifications you talk about. I'll try the spray before selling it for parts.
How do you check for the Mod? I don't see a battery anywhere.I have had 2 techs check it out and they are scared of it and have no idea what to do.
One thought it was the power supply,which it wasn't and the other one said that it could be anything and didn't want to touch it.

guywithbrokentubefex

Post by guywithbrokentubefex » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:51 am

P.S. the battery has definlty been removed on this unit. I cleaned the cursors and there is still no sign of change.The lights on the EQ and the input do not light up either. only the post gain light, and it doesnt light up as it originally did, it has much more than one of the red leds lit up on it.

rich6

Post by rich6 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:31 am

Get that thing working? Call Peavey, get their service department and see if they still repair them. Had to do that with mine sometime back, they were very helpful, did the repairs for a reasonable price... happy customer here.