reset profex II

This forum is for discussions on the various types of Peavey processors and effects.
Thijs Kappen

reset profex II

Post by Thijs Kappen » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:53 am

Hi everybody

Is it possible to reset the profex with the sounds I have on my card?
If there is anybody who can help me ...

Thanks for answering
Merry Christmas and a happy New Year with a lot of good music

Thijs Kappen
The Netherlands

colliedogboy1

Re: reset profex II

Post by colliedogboy1 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:49 am

I can only direct you to the Peavey manual for the Pro-Fex II because I am not a Pro-Fex user. You can find the manual under the tabs "Support" > "Owner's Manuals/Operating Guides" > "Search Archived Owner's Manuals" > then select the letter "P" and search carefully for "Pro-Fex II Programmable.." You will have to look hard to spot it, but it's there. Somewhere in that manual should be your answer. You might want to download it and print out a copy for yourself. It has a lot of information in it. Good luck. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

fenderonly

Re: reset profex II

Post by fenderonly » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:34 am

If the Profex is currently not working and has lost it settings it must first be re-initialized

HOLD THE PLAY AND GLOBAL BUTTONS, POWER ON.

If it had lost settings it is likely the memory battery is dead. You need to be sure also the battery is not leaking acid onto the circuit board

To load from the card to the Profex 2:

-LOADING ALL SETTINGS FROM THE CARD TO THE USER MEMORY OF THE PROFEX 2:

-Insert card into Profex card slot with the “metal edge” end down (the metal edge covers the P.C. board connectors on the card), card will snap into place
-Press the GLOBAL button until the following screen appears:

SAVE User>Cart [CART}
Save Load In >EXEC<

-Move the cursor under the “L” in LOAD (use the RIGHT ARROW button on the face of the Profex 2 to move the cursor to this location. Press the Store/Exec button on the face of the Profex 2. A message will come up that says:
“CARTRIDGE LOAD COMPLETE”

Hit the Play button on the face of the Profex 2. You may now toggle up and down through the newly loaded settings on the Profex 2! Be sure your cursor is located under the left-most character at this point, move it there using the LEFT ARROW button, on the face of the Profex 2. You have successfully loaded your cartridge settings to the user memory of the Profex 2 and have overwritten any previous information that was in the user memory of the Profex 2.