Peavey PVi 1 Handset Wireless System

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey microphones
smoovmusicdj

Peavey PVi 1 Handset Wireless System

Post by smoovmusicdj » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:20 am

I have the Peavey PVi 1 Handset Wireless System (http://123dj.com/microphones/wireless/p ... dheld.html) and I was just wondering if I can hook up a 2nd mic to this system from the receiver? And if so, what mic can I buy? Something cheaper....but is still good and similar to the one that came with this.

Also, any idea where I can find this item on peavey.com? I cannot seem to locate this item anywhere.

SemperFiSound

Re: Peavey PVi 1 Handset Wireless System

Post by SemperFiSound » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:50 am

If you are planning on using two mics simultaneously with one receiver, that idea is in the "really not good" category. The receiver can process only one input signal at a time, so it will be constantly switching back and forth between the two mics, but if the second mic puts out a lesser signal, than the receiver may just go with the stronger signal and ignore the second mic altogether.

If someone is speaking through a mic into a PA system, the assumption is that they need to be heard. Separate wireless mics and matched receivers is the pro-audio way t do this.

Cheers,
Steve
SemperFi Sound; the website
SemperFi Sound On FaceBook
"The Art of War teaches us to rely, not upon the calculated likelihood of
the enemy's coming or not, but on our own readiness to receive him... no
matter what he does." Sun Tzu

smoovmusicdj

Post by smoovmusicdj » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:00 am

I am just curious if I can hookup two mics to this system.....and NOT use at the same time. I am a DJ....and would like to leave one mic at head table and have one by my setup BUT wouldn't be talking at the same time.

smoovmusicdj

Post by smoovmusicdj » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:01 am

So my best bet would be to buy another receiver and mic? Just trying to do this a cheaper way if possible.

Also, any idea where I can find this mic on Peaveys site?

SemperFiSound

Post by SemperFiSound » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:23 am

The CHEAPEST thing I have ever seen for a DJ who needs multiple mics is the Nady 401X setup.
http://www.nady.com/manuals/wireless/40 ... manual.pdf
About ~$260 or so. I personally don't have one anymore. Once I bought 4 Shure Wireless mics for my band setup, I sold the Nady setup. I wasn't horribly impressed, but it did give multiple mics into a common box with just one output to the DJ mixer which is important as most DJ mixers don't have a lot of inputs available.

Not sure where the PVi-1 write-up is.
Cheers,
Steve
SemperFi Sound; the website
SemperFi Sound On FaceBook
"The Art of War teaches us to rely, not upon the calculated likelihood of
the enemy's coming or not, but on our own readiness to receive him... no
matter what he does." Sun Tzu

smoovmusicdj

Post by smoovmusicdj » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:54 am

Can I hook a 2nd mic into my Peavey receiver? And if so, how? And what mic should I buy?

They wouldn't be used simultaneously.

studiodtk5

Post by studiodtk5 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:50 pm

It is possible to have two transmitters at the same frequency and use them alternately. What you would have to do is call Peavey Customer Support and see if they will sell you a "replacement" handheld transmitter for your PV-1 system. It will have to exactly match the frequency of the system that you have. When using them you will want to make sure only one of the microphones is on at one time.

It appears that the PV-1 system is only about $120. I would guess you would have to pay about $60.00 for the "replacement" transmitter. If it were me, I would just buy another PV-1 system at a different frequency and then have two systems. Then if you have a unit fail you have a system that you can use.
Last edited by studiodtk5 on Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darren
ITOC: 08-00190

Peavey stuff I have: Masterpiece 50, Custom Shop 212, Stereo Chorus 212, T-60, T-40, Signature Select, Odyssey II Prototype, Generation Custom EXP, Firenza P90-ACM, VB-2, Stomp Boxes, Radial Pro 1000, lots of mics, etc...

Josjor

Post by Josjor » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:00 pm

studiodtk5 wrote:It is possible to have two transmitters at the same frequency and use them alternately. What you would have to do is call Peavey Customer Support and see if they will sell you a "replacement" handheld transmitter for your PV-1 system. IT will have to exactly match the frequency of the system that you have. When using them you will want to make sure only one of the microphones is on at one time.

It apepars taht the PV-1 system is only about $120. I would guess you would have to pay about $60.00 for the "replacement" transmitter. If it were me, I would just buy another PV-1 system at a different frequency and then have two systems. Then if you have a unit fail you have a system that you can use.
What he said.
www.yandasmusic.com
Don't believe me. I'm just guessing.
Neutiquam Erro

colliedogboy1

Post by colliedogboy1 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:13 am

I discovered this post lately while roving the forums. I once set up my wireless HH Electro-Voice mic in a school gymnasium event where the school had a mic on the same frequency as mine (unbeknownst to me). When I turned mine on, there was the most horrible screeching I have ever heard. Thank the Lord for the old "Mute" button!! Like the other guys said, if you have two transmitters on the same frequency (such as a HH and a lapel) just be CERTAIN you only turn on one of them at a time. Indeed, it is far better to just spring for a full set on a different frequency.