Using the presets to accommodate different guitars?

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
Captainstrat

Using the presets to accommodate different guitars?

Post by Captainstrat » Fri May 26, 2017 4:23 pm

This is probably already common usage, but how many of you use the preset banks in this manner? Say, A1 is Twin Green with the EQ setup to bring out the best out of a strat (or tele), A2 would be a Budda Green setup to bring out the best out of a Les Paul, and so on and so forth?
Forgive the lack of chops ;)

JamesPaul

Re: Using the presets to accommodate different guitars?

Post by JamesPaul » Fri May 26, 2017 11:57 pm

I did this with my 75 and 30. It was three different Les Pauls, with very different pickups, one tuned standard, one tuned down a half step and one drop D. Super easy to switch guitars and tones. I'm confident it will work for a Strat/Tele and a LP.
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.

Allen

Post by Allen » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:58 am

I've only just started doing this within the last year. I have all my channels set up for a nice clean on 1, my strongest distortion on 4, and then some variation on 2 and 3. I have two channels set up that I use a lot with humbuckers, and I have two channels I use a lot with single-coils, and then a few more that I've just played around with. I need to get a couple more channels set up, but I usually don't worry about it until I get some gas. Then I take some time to fiddle around, make a new channel I like, and then its practically like getting a new amp.

stratpurist

Post by stratpurist » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:10 am

This is not only practical but absolutely necessary. The higher output of the humbucker guitars really changes how a preset sounds in volume and distortion vs the strat. I have bank 1 set for my strat with various amp and pedal configurations and bank 2 set up for my LP and 335.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but not their own facts" Tip O'Neal
Guitars: 73 stratocaster, 2 Mexi strats, partscaster, 84 Epiphone Sheraton II, 76 Japanese LP clone
Amps: VYPYR 75, VYPYR 30, VIP II, sanpera II, Behringer GMX210