Vypyr footswitch

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
mayesdon

Vypyr footswitch

Post by mayesdon » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:10 pm

In regards to my question about Gig issues, can I use a different footswitch somehow to change between my presets on the amp? I don't need the countless presets, the 12 on the amp are adequate for me.

Roger Crimm

Re: Vypyr footswitch

Post by Roger Crimm » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:13 pm

The Vypyr will respond to basic midi commands, so you can use any stand-alone midi controller to change patches.

You will not be able to access the tuner, patch editing, or looper functions unless you have the Sanpera controller.
Roger Crimm
Service Manager
[email protected]

cosmo

Post by cosmo » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:21 am

I am curious if Peavey will ever have an alternative pedal board for Vypyr that will be gig friendly - meaning - more compact, box like, easy to transport and bag up - maybe even small enough to store in the bottom of the amp itself?

The amp has been fine, but very difficult to use without the pedal. The shape of the pedal makes it awkward to pack up and sometimes I just go without it.

Although alternate MIDI controllers would be useable, it is desirable to keep the tuner functionality. I do not access looper or patch changes.

Has anyone used an alternate pedal with success?

lyonsp61

Post by lyonsp61 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:22 pm

I am up to 16 presets (and growing) used at the gigs but I agree, SII don't fit well anywhere. Service Tech gave me some grief over all the scratches when he repaired the SII. I have found a rolling canvas suitcase where I can place it diagonally and the a-frame guitar stands, and amp stand braces fit in the corners and the amp stand base rests on top. All the pockets catch the cables, mikes, strings and incidentals. So it gets some scratches but, heck, when I'm using it, I stomp on it (as it is designed)

Zylfrax791

Post by Zylfrax791 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:23 pm

Roger Crimm wrote:The Vypyr will respond to basic midi commands, so you can use any stand-alone midi controller to change patches.

You will not be able to access the tuner, patch editing, or looper functions unless you have the Sanpera controller.
I've got a couple different Vypyr amps and a simple midi footswitch that just cycled up and down on the patches would be perfect me. Does Peavey make one or maybe do you have any idea who makes something like this? Would the footswitch for any of the other amps like the 6505 work perhaps?
Epiphone Les Paul Gothic
Peavey Vypyr 30 Head
(2) Peavey 6505+ Heads
(2) Peavey 6505 Slant Cabinets
(2) Peavey 6505 Straight Cabinets

bhsbhswarp

Post by bhsbhswarp » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:04 pm

Zylfrax791 wrote:
Roger Crimm wrote:The Vypyr will respond to basic midi commands, so you can use any stand-alone midi controller to change patches.

I've got a couple different Vypyr amps and a simple midi footswitch that just cycled up and down on the patches would be perfect me. Does Peavey make one or maybe do you have any idea who makes something like this? Would the footswitch for any of the other amps like the 6505 work perhaps?
Tech 21 Midi Mouse Midi controller
"You can't fix stupid"

Klink

Post by Klink » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:09 pm

Behringer FCB1010...

rockmanmd

Post by rockmanmd » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:48 pm

Like stated before you can use any midi pedal capable of sending the midi patch commands. I use the digitech rp1, rp12 as well as a rockman midi pedal. I like the rp1 because I get 10 patches on bank 1 and 11 and 12 on bank 2. I have read up on the Behringer FC1010 and seems like it would be another great choice because I think you can program it to work with the expression pedals.

therumblebox

Post by therumblebox » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:32 pm

Is there any way to control 2 vypyrs with the same board?
71 LP deluxe goldtop - chris white P90s
10 LTD MH-350NT - pearly gates plus/pearly gates bridge/burstbucker1
99 LTD M-100 - JB/GFS A5 classic
lapsteel made from spare parts and a GFS A2 classic
JSX head, texas heats, iPhone ampkit

bowhuntr

Post by bowhuntr » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:06 pm

What I want to know, does any of these pedals mentioned allow for editing the patches?
http://www.gdjackson.net
ITOC #09-00214
Peavey Nitro Limited
Peavey Impact 1
Peavey HP Signature Select (P-Rails &Triple Shot Rings)
Peavey T60
Vypyr 120 Tube
Sanpera 2
Stereo Chorus 400

bhsbhswarp

Post by bhsbhswarp » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:31 pm

No,you can't edit patches from a midi controller.
"You can't fix stupid"

Klink

Post by Klink » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:46 pm

You can't control 2 Vypyrs from a Sanpera due to it requiring to be powered by one of the Vypyrs and then there being no way to connect to 2nd Vypyr. You could control 2 Vypyrs from any midi pedalboard though - either use one with 2 midi outputs & connect to your Vypyrs or put your pedalboards midi out into a 'midi thru' box thus giving you 2 midi outs to connect to your 2 amps.

Maiden82

Post by Maiden82 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:53 pm

If you have a stereo stomp box either flanger or chorus you can run the guitar into that (with the effect off) and both outs to each amp. I did this with my vypyr and a randall and it sounded great.
Early production Wolfgang Special red flamed top
95 mim Fender strat old faithful loaded with vintage DiMarzio PAF`s
ESP ST-203FR Dave Murray tribute loaded with DiMarzio Super Distortion and 36th anniversary PAF
Vypyr Tube 60 sanpera 1

aussie2009

Post by aussie2009 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:29 pm

does anyone know if the ibanez fc 40 foot controller would work on a vypyr 30 for just patch changing
71 usa strat
07 usa tele
Blackstar HT20 valve amp
Peavey vypyr 30

ritchie

Post by ritchie » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:59 am

Thanks for confirming that the Vypr works via midi.

BUT..
1) How does a five pin midi cable connect with the 10 pin footswitch in socket on the back of the amp??
2) What midi channel does it receive on??

I have tried to connect my ADA controller, and zilch.. nothing works..

Compared to my 3 x Peavey Transformer amps, (1 x stereo 212 combo and 2 x 112's) the sounds are reasonably OK, (but the treble /presence controlls are far too high gain and cutting) and the footswitch implimentation (or rather severe lack of it) is a retrograde & backward step, making the amp totally useless for gigging. I need midi foot control.

richard
bg