Let's Share Some Vypyr Settings

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
NYStan

Re: Let's Share Some Vypyr Settings

Post by NYStan » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:57 pm

GadgetGuy wrote:Looks like I am in the same boat as everyone else... can't get the validation e-mail...

Sucks.

In the mean time, can someone help me out with settings for a really good AC/DC sound?

I have a Gibson SG, so guitar wise I am halfway there.... but what would be the optimal settings for a Vypyr 75 to get that really good Angus/Malcolm sound?

Thanks,

D.
I had a Vypyr 75 and this setting I have copied from the Vypyrsettings.fr site sounded exactly like the song Hells Bells. This setting also sounds very good for AC/DC on my Vypyr 120.
Attachments
hells bells.jpg
hells bells.jpg (106.1 KiB) Viewed 14788 times
Peavey Vypyr 120
Fender Supersonic 100
Marshall JVM410h
Fender Guitars
ESP Guitars
Ibanez Guitars

spacelord

Post by spacelord » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:57 am

Hey guys recently picked a Vypyr 30 off eBay. Best $150 I've spent. Wish I got one when they first came out, would of saved me a lot of time and money. Absolutely great amp.

As some others have mentioned there is some sort of issue signing up to the Vypyr settings site, thankfully there is more than a few patches here to keep me occupied for quite a while.

Anyway it looks like there's not a lot of action around here lately but cheers to anyone who is still posting their settings :D

Hopefully we can still keep the community chugging along :lol:

taself

Post by taself » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:34 pm

Hi All!

I'm looking for AC/DC Highway to Hell sound on a VIP 2. I think the manual is telling me to use the "Butcher" amp model; but it's not sounding like a Marshall to me. Anyone got "AC/DC" settings for a VIP 2?

Thanks in advance!

spacelord

Post by spacelord » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:55 pm

Don't suppose anyone want's to pm me there login for the Vypyr settings site.
I've signed up but can't validate my email for some reason :(

JeffKill

Post by JeffKill » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:15 pm

spacelord wrote:Don't suppose anyone want's to pm me there login for the Vypyr settings site.
I've signed up but can't validate my email for some reason :(
I was never able to register either, but I'm still able to search the settings database. Just can't post anything on there.

spacelord

Post by spacelord » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:56 pm

Ok cool I'll have to have a search around.
Cheers

Rocco Crocco

Post by Rocco Crocco » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:59 pm

vypyrsettings.fr has been down for over a week. I wonder if it's been abandoned.

Earl Dukedog

Post by Earl Dukedog » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:42 pm

I've never got it to work, until...

I have, however, found that you can get to all the settings via the members page and then selecting the settings they have uploaded. But... you can't search.

I have been compiling vip 1 configuration (stompbox and no effects rack) in an excell file - so it can be filtered or searched, so I have started to add those from vypyr settings.fr: 124 so far, only another 1000 to go :roll:
:idea: think ive just found a cure for ocd...

Playingwithchaos

Post by Playingwithchaos » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:49 pm

I have not been able to get onto the vypyrsettings.fr website either. Anyone know what's going on? Thought I'd try and ask here....long shot I know. :)

Earl Dukedog

Re: Let's Share Some Vypyr Settings - 130 VIP1 Settings...

Post by Earl Dukedog » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:10 am

First up, this is compiled by a VIP 1 user for VIP 1 users (although Vip 2/3 users can use it and I have included the amp conversions for those that want to use on other amps...)

The first 8 presets are the factory 8 on the machine so you don't need a factory reset to get them back.

This is an excel file with filters so you can filter by preset name, amp, stompbox and has a default number against each so that the list can be reset into this order.
In order to credit where I've "borrowed" them from I've coloured the presset names and the file contains a list as to what each mean (When I filtered by amp I then realised that 100+ that I'd compiled were duplicates where people have uploaded stock presets under a new name :x - these have been removed...)

There is a tab with how I have chosen to interpret the 25 variants of the LED and how I have converted the various systems people used...
Led lit fully, the number is used, If the one after is part lit an a is added "after" the number if the one before is lit then a b is added "before" the number, if two are lit both numbers are used.
This give "1, 1a, 1 2, b2, 2, ... b4, 4, 4a, ..., b7, 7"

Where I have actually used a preset I've tried to add a "type" as a prompt as to what to expect when I dial it in, although I think I need a sub set of crunch as that seems to be what everyone seems to like...

Finally, the right hand column is a note to self to tell me which I've loaded on the amp, and where.

Above all, have fun... and don't spend more time ***ing about with a pc rather than making music like I have done!

Edit: a few of the presets have amps not available on the Vip as I could find no alternative ( so just go with what sound's good.). Also, oddly, a lot didn't have post gain listed, so I have added where I could.
Attachments
Vypyr Settings Table - Factory and custom.xls
List of Presets arranged for VIP 1
(233 KiB) Downloaded 3832 times

harlock192

Post by harlock192 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:11 pm

super thank !

I am trying to create an excel sheet with VIP2 factory settings and Sanpera 2.
When I finish, I would share with you if I can

Eddie Venom

Post by Eddie Venom » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:35 pm

Hey guys. Just picked up my Vypyr Pro 3 yesterday, and I'm digging all the stuff you can do with it. I found this forum for presets, and was excited about the site by Geronimo, but now see it's a Malware site. Any changes to this, or any other sites out there that won't try to steal my credit card info? Not that they'd be able to buy anything with it anyway. Can't get blood from a stone. Lol

spacelord

Post by spacelord » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:43 pm

Earl Dukedog wrote:First up, this is compiled by a VIP 1 user for VIP 1 users (although Vip 2/3 users can use it and I have included the amp conversions for those that want to use on other amps...)

Thanks heaps for this mate really appreciate it!!! :D :D :D

Stremit

Post by Stremit » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:36 pm

Earl Dukedog wrote:First up, this is compiled by a VIP 1 user for VIP 1 users (although Vip 2/3 users can use it and I have included the amp conversions for those that want to use on other amps...)
Great work Earl. As a beginner guitarist who has just bought his first amp (VIP1) your spreadsheet is fantastic.

I am learning GNR sweet child of mine at the moment and it has a very tight but distorted sound that I am struggling to reproduce. Does anyone have some settings for a VIP1 that can help me out (and we can add to the spreadsheet).

Thanks in advance,
Stremit.

Kevin Boudloche
Web Team

Post by Kevin Boudloche » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:12 pm

I've disabled all links pointing to the vypyrsettings.fr website until I hear back from the author. You can still get to it if you type it in manually, at your own risk.
Web Developer | Peavey Marketing
[email protected]