Vypyr VIP1 issue

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
dtvfd753

Vypyr VIP1 issue

Post by dtvfd753 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:48 am

I have been using a Vypyr VIP 1 for approximately 2 months, and just started having an issue. When using any of the channels for the electric amp models (British, Budda, Classic, etc.), my amp sounds like it is about to crap out. When I strum and let the strings ring, the sound is literally only amplified for like 3 seconds, and then all sound from the amp stops, even though my strings are still vibrating. I have checked the different amp levels (push button for the low, mid, and high levels), and I am having this problem on all channels. However, the only time that I do not have any issue is when I use the acoustic model setting. I bought it as a floor model from Guitar Center, and they are saying that the warranty was only for 30 days, and since it was a floor model, there is no manufacture's warranty. Does anybody else have this issue? Is there something I can do to attempt to fix it?

thelaw

Re: Vypyr VIP1 issue

Post by thelaw » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:43 pm

Anybody here can help? I am facing the same problem too. Also do v need to use a DI box for this amp?

dalrymple

Re: Vypyr VIP1 issue

Post by dalrymple » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:11 am

If it was indeed a "floor model", meaning a demonstrator that was new in the box and opened for demo purposes by them, it IS under warranty, and you should insist they honor it. They will.

Now if it was brought in as a used item, then no warranty beyond 30-45 days. A floor demo model is a new unit owned by GC, and is covered under warranty like a new amp. I worked for GC in 2010, so that' how it works. Used or Floor model?
Dalrymple