Vypyr Pro

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
wmjones

Re: Vypyr Pro

Post by wmjones » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:49 pm

Landshark wrote:any chance in a future software update that the Master Volume can be made more linear?!?!?!?!?

i got rid of my 6505+ head for that reason - it had three volume settings:
0 .... no sound
0-0.75 .... home level
anything past 0.75 .... STADIUM LEVELS!!!!

i replaced it with a XXX head that has a much more linear volume.

the home usable range on the Vyper Pro for me is below 1 on the volume knob. if i breathe on the knob a little, my extreme volume level warning siren (wife) goes off.
The amp software does not effect (Control) the master volume. Does your guitar have active pickups, The vypyr's were designed for passive pickups. The pre gain is volume before the preamp and the post gain is volume after the preamp. The master is volume for the power amp. It's sounds like you like to max the pre and or post gain. You can use the sponge ( see manual ) to control clean or distortion at lower volume settings. Try experimenting with the pre and post gain and the sponge. If you have active pickups turn down the volume on the guitar.
Also if you have sanpera The pedal controls the volume between 0 and the number you set on the master volume. The information I gave works for me. I set the master at 5 and let the presets take care of All other settings.
8) HAPPY DAYS:

Landshark

Post by Landshark » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:11 pm

thank-you.

it sounds like i need to lower my post gains .... still trying to get familiar with this sucker.

i was using post gain to adjust levels of the amps - for example if i wanted a little more 3120 to come through than 6534 on a 2-amp patch, i would adjust the 3120 post gain a little higher ...

j_fury68

Post by j_fury68 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:20 pm

Landshark wrote:thank-you.

it sounds like i need to lower my post gains .... still trying to get familiar with this sucker.

i was using post gain to adjust levels of the amps - for example if i wanted a little more 3120 to come through than 6534 on a 2-amp patch, i would adjust the 3120 post gain a little higher ...
No, you are on the right track with post gain and mixing amps. You want more of one then increase post gain or decrease the other amps post gain. There does exist a master volume for the preset in the deep edit menu. This is separate from the master on the front of the amp.
:arrow: Peavey HP Special FT in Blue Moon Burst, Vypyr 30 with Effects Loop, Zoom G5, Vypyr Pro 100.

Lord High Warlock

Post by Lord High Warlock » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:36 pm

Do you have the Sanpera Pro? The left pedal defaults to a volume control, and works great! I run my Power Sponge anywhere between 50-100%, and my Master Volume at 2.25...then I just use the volume pedal to bring it down to bedroom levels.
- Warlock/LHW/Rich

Guitars
2011 Gibson Les Paul Studio '50s Tribute
2015 Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE
2016 Peavey AT-200
1964 Goya F-27

Amps
Peavey Vypyr Pro w/ Sanpera Pro
Marshall AS100D & MG10cd
VOX Valvetronix VT80+

Landshark

Post by Landshark » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:03 am

Lord High Warlock wrote:Do you have the Sanpera Pro? The left pedal defaults to a volume control, and works great! I run my Power Sponge anywhere between 50-100%, and my Master Volume at 2.25...then I just use the volume pedal to bring it down to bedroom levels.
was back-ordered, but it shipped a few days ago ... should have it this week. :)

Him

Post by Him » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:18 pm

Warlock is correct. That will fix it. Go into the master volume in the deep editing mode and set as desired.

j_fury68

Post by j_fury68 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Lord High Warlock wrote:Do you have the Sanpera Pro? The left pedal defaults to a volume control, and works great! I run my Power Sponge anywhere between 50-100%, and my Master Volume at 2.25...then I just use the volume pedal to bring it down to bedroom levels.
So you are referring to the master volume in the deep edit menu or the main amp volume on the front panel?
:arrow: Peavey HP Special FT in Blue Moon Burst, Vypyr 30 with Effects Loop, Zoom G5, Vypyr Pro 100.

pvampmgr

Post by pvampmgr » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:28 pm

j_fury68 wrote:
So you are referring to the master volume in the deep edit menu or the main amp volume on the front panel?
Since the amp is Transtube, as you turn it up, it will break up accordingly, just like a tube amp. The PowerSponge addresses this by reducing the available power to the power amp section, so you can turn the master on the front up to where you want it and then use the PowerSponge on the back to lower the amp to whatever level you need, all the way down to 1% power!
Michael Smith
Product Manager
Peavey Electronics

tiger j

Post by tiger j » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:23 pm

Hi Everybody,

New member here! Just ordered my Vypyr PRO + Sanpera PRO Saturday and anxiously awaiting shipment. Like some of you have mentioned, I can't find one in any of the "big music box" stores - they appear to always be "in stock by order only."

Will be putting my VIP 3 and Sanpera II up for sale on CL. Probably will take a beating!

tiger j

Post by tiger j » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:33 pm

Gurutweak wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm a spoiled studio guitarist (and an occasional gigging one) that leans toward clean or lightly overdriven tones (think Walter Becker, John Scofield, even SRV) but sometimes also needs access to very saturated crunchy ones.

I see that the focus of this amp are primarily heavy rock and metal tones, so I'd be really appreciative if someone posted a link to a video (or audio only) in-depth review of cleaner tones, using predominantly single coil equipped guitars, like strats, teles, P90 camp, even 335.

I have to say that the Michael Smith clean tones using the red AT200 didn't excite me a bit. They lacked character and weight of a real tube amp.
I'd also like to know if there's any emulation of a nylon guitar tone and how good it is.

I own a bunch of guitars of all sorts (more than a dozen, including a Variax Standard in which I put Mojotone Quietcoil PU's and added series PU switching) and several amps, all of which tube ones, modified to the bone.

This latest Peavey modelling amp offers an amazing range of possibilities and I'd buy it in a wink if it nailed the sound I have in my head! With so much effort by everyone at Peavey, why not take the extra step and add some more informative in-depth reviews that would benefit less common guitar players?
Have you looked at Willy Booger's review on YouTube?

Lord High Warlock

Post by Lord High Warlock » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:20 am

Here's the newest VPro review: https://youtu.be/ncjaWk1BC8U
- Warlock/LHW/Rich

Guitars
2016 Peavey AT-200
1964 Goya F-27

Amps
Marshall AS100D & MG10cd
VOX Valvetronix VT80+

tiger j

Post by tiger j » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:00 pm

Glad to see it is still getting some press as of Sept. 2016!
Warmoth Custom-Build Strat (DiMarzio Fast Track/Chopper/Mo'Joe)
Fender American Special Strat
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet w/ Bigsby
Fernandes Nomad Deluxe
Peavey Vypyr PRO 100 w/ Sanpera PRO
Fender Mustang GT40
Peavey KB3 w/ TC Helicon Voicelive

j_fury68

Post by j_fury68 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:15 am

tiger j wrote:Glad to see it is still getting some press as of Sept. 2016!
They have an ad in August issue of Premier Guitar featuring the Pro. They're getting it out there slowly but surely.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h0xbbsv3xhza2 ... 3.jpg?dl=0

Lord High Warlock

Post by Lord High Warlock » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:27 pm

Just did a search, and this video showed up:

From Peavey's Japan account on November 15th:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBa9oAtmf4c
- Warlock/LHW/Rich

Guitars
2016 Peavey AT-200
1964 Goya F-27

Amps
Marshall AS100D & MG10cd
VOX Valvetronix VT80+

godoy.rafa

Post by godoy.rafa » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:25 am

Do they sell outside US? Here in Brazil I can't find them, neither VIPs. Bought my VIP 2 from an independent importer.
Peavey should do more marketing in here... It is difficult to see even a Bandit in the stores...