Updating Firmware On Peavey Vypr pro 100

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
xx_6581_xx

Updating Firmware On Peavey Vypr pro 100

Post by xx_6581_xx » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:00 am

Hi,

I have looked on the forums for this but am struggling.

I have a USB lead from my amp to computer. I have the Vypyr Edit Pro software; when I try to update I have the new Firmware locate it and tried to update. It states if the amp ios not already in update mode press restart amp? How do I know it is in update mode? When I select restart nothing really happens?

Current Firmware is 0.00?

i am stuck nothing seems to be happening?

Thanks

wmjones

Re: Updating Firmware On Peavey Vypr pro 100

Post by wmjones » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:42 pm

xx_6581_xx wrote:Hi,

I have a USB lead from my amp to computer. I have the Vypyr Edit Pro software; when I try to update I have the new Firmware locate it and tried to update. It states if the amp ios not already in update mode press restart amp? How do I know it is in update mode? When I select restart nothing really happens?

Thanks
Sense no one come with an answer I will give you my guess. The editor and the updater are separate programs. With your computer connected to the amp with a USB or MIDI cable and amp turned on, run the updater (not the vypyr pro editor) and follow the onscreen instructions.
Yon can use the edit pro to download the updater and firmware, but run the updater separately without the editor running.
8) HAPPY DAYS:

pvampmgr

Re: Updating Firmware On Peavey Vypr pro 100

Post by pvampmgr » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:38 pm

wmjones wrote:
xx_6581_xx wrote:Hi,

Thanks
Sense no one come with an answer I will give you my guess. The editor and the updater are separate programs. With your computer connected to the amp with a USB or MIDI cable and amp turned on, run the updater (not the vypyr pro editor) and follow the onscreen instructions.
Yon can use the edit pro to download the updater and firmware, but run the updater separately without the editor running.
I would use the VProud program you can download from the site for now. I've had good luck with it. The only weird glitch is that sometimes Windows doesn't show the Vypyr Pro in the dropdown MIDI window, in which case a restart fixes it. I would also click on the "restart amp" button when you get to the download section.
Michael Smith
Product Manager
Peavey Electronics