Vypyr Pro (Edit?) bug

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
Landshark

Vypyr Pro (Edit?) bug

Post by Landshark » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:53 am

was messing around making some patches with the installed Windows Editor ....

when doing two amps at once (dirty channel 3120 and 6534), after a time, i was getting processed (amp) sound along with a straight clean guitar sound.

????

ok .... closed the Win Edit, and opened it up in Chrome to try it again .... same thing.

i will try to replicate this today and get a video if possible. not sure if its an Edit bug or a problem with the Vypyr itself.

j_fury68

Re: Vypyr Pro (Edit?) bug

Post by j_fury68 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:31 pm

Make sure you don't have any of the other model bays populated with "no amp" rather than "empty". That can cause the clean sound you hear. I think "no amp" gives you the ability to use the pro to push an external thing through the front of the amp without flavoring it with an amp model.
:arrow: Peavey HP Special FT in Blue Moon Burst, Vypyr 30 with Effects Loop, Zoom G5, Vypyr Pro 100.

Landshark

Post by Landshark » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:34 pm

j_fury68 wrote:Make sure you don't have any of the other model bays populated with "no amp" rather than "empty". That can cause the clean sound you hear. I think "no amp" gives you the ability to use the pro to push an external thing through the front of the amp without flavoring it with an amp model.
i havent messed with the editor the last few days, but the amp itself seems to be working normally. i havent had much sleep lately, so it is possible i did what you mentioned above ...

will try the editor again when i get some time. the little bit of free time i have had lately i've just been playing away on the Vypro - love this thing! playing is fun again :)

pvampmgr

Post by pvampmgr » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:36 pm

j_fury68 wrote:Make sure you don't have any of the other model bays populated with "no amp" rather than "empty". That can cause the clean sound you hear. I think "no amp" gives you the ability to use the pro to push an external thing through the front of the amp without flavoring it with an amp model.
Yes, this is by design in case you want to use the amp as a clean driver.
Michael Smith
Product Manager
Peavey Electronics