VIP1 Question

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
thelaw

VIP1 Question

Post by thelaw » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:39 pm

Hi, I bought the vip1 1-1/2 years ago and I am still not sure I am using it right. My VIP1 orange and green channels volume are too soft and unable to turn up from my guitar as compared to the red channel, which is too laud.

Appreciate if any of you guys could help.
Thelaw

vforever

Re: VIP1 Question

Post by vforever » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:09 pm

Hi thelaw,

Which model are you using? The green, or "clean", channels aren't pushing the power amp as hard, so they tend to be softer. Other than that, the amp being modeled determines how the orange channel behaves. Keep an eye on where the "Pre" and "Post" gain settings show up when you switch between the green/orange/red channels. The preset may have the gain lower on some of them.

You can always use the compressor with the clean channel. This effect will box-in the initial attack of the note, but you can adjust the parameters to make "signal out" a little higher as well.

thelaw

Post by thelaw » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:02 am

Thank you Vforever,
Do appreciate your help. I am using Vip-1 20W model. the clean sound are so soft that I hardly hear the sound, even with full volume from my guitar. Another question is how to reset the pre and post gain they didn't seem to budge, they just hanging on to their original position.

Once again Thank You

thelaw

Post by thelaw » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:45 am

Oh, BTW what is the compressor and how to use it?
Sorry for my ignorance.

vforever

Post by vforever » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:19 am

I'm sorry, we had a misunderstanding there. Which amp are you modelling for each of the green/orange/red channels? Example: "Twn".

The compressor is one of the available effects. It's a "stomp box" effect on my VIP-2, and it's labeled "Comp". The effect "compresses" the signal from your guitar, making the loud parts closer in dynamic range to the quieter parts.

thelaw

Post by thelaw » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:58 am

Hi Vforever,

I am really sorry for the misunderstanding. I am a newbie, although I bought the vip-1 for over 1.5 years, I am still trying to figure out how to use it. The manual that came in the box are mainly bragging about the 30 plus effects, but nothing about a basic introduction of the equipment or description of the amp. When I first bought the amp I did not expect the user's instruction to be so wake, and mostly comparing with other makes which I do not know it was all about. Now I am so confused that I don't even know how to use it even as a normal amp. Now I found out that I can't use it normally like other type of amp without buying the sanpera/paddel.

1. My question at the moment is whether I can use my vip-1 as a normal amp by by-passing all the effects,
2. Before I invest on the sanpera, I wish to learn more about the basic amp and the user manual is a waste of time and
3. I have preset all the 8 channels with various amp effects but the 'green" and most of the 'orange' volume are too soft.

Sorry for my late response and the complains I made.
Thank You

wmjones

Post by wmjones » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:29 pm

[] Go to this site. You will find some videos to listen to that should help.
https://peavey.com/products/index.cfm/item/658/118345
My opinion of the VIP1 is that it is a good practice amp and for bedroom playing. When using the green channel I would max the post gain then adjust the other controls from this point. You can bypass the stumps and effects but you must choose a amp. The Classic is as close as you will get to normal. you can turn off reverb and delay by going into edit mode ( push the stump or effect knob for this) and set all perimeters to 0. You need a sanper pedal to get the most from your amp. Also you can open all 4 banks to use with any inst. or amp modal by holding buttons B and D during power on. This gives you 16 presets to use anyway you want to.
8) HAPPY DAYS:

thelaw

Post by thelaw » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:50 pm

Thanks for the link