vypyr 75: problem while switching back from high to low gain

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
csvypyr75

vypyr 75: problem while switching back from high to low gain

Post by csvypyr75 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:46 am

Hi all,
I have a problem with my vypyr75:
I edited a preset (bank a, preset 1) and set up a 6505 with a specific pre gain and post gain level and all the eqs (low, mid, high) set to 12 o clock.
so far, fine.
As soon as I push the amp button and switch to high-gain mode all the levels change. So far, fine.
But..as soon as I switch back to clean (low-gain), it doesn't recall the eq- and gain-levels of my preset.
Is this a normal behaviour? What can I do?
And: Where does it GET the High-Gain Settings from? Factory Setting?
Regards, Christoph

wmjones

Re: vypyr 75: problem while switching back from high to low gain

Post by wmjones » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:07 am

csvypyr75 wrote:Hi all,
I have a problem with my vypyr75:
I edited a preset (bank a, preset 1) and set up a 6505 with a specific pre gain and post gain level and all the eqs (low, mid, high) set to 12 o clock.
so far, fine.
As soon as I push the amp button and switch to high-gain mode all the levels change. So far, fine.
But..as soon as I switch back to clean (low-gain), it doesn't recall the eq- and gain-levels of my preset.
Is this a normal behaviour? What can I do?
And: Where does it GET the High-Gain Settings from? Factory Setting?
Regards, Christoph
You did not mention if you saved your settings to your presets. After you edit a preset you must save it to be permanent. Otherwise when you switch between low and high gain or between presets your settings revert back to what they were. Just like a computer, you loose what you do not save.
Last edited by wmjones on Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
8) HAPPY DAYS:

csvypyr75

Re: vypyr 75: problem while switching back from high to low gain

Post by csvypyr75 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:24 am

Yes! I saved the preset!
I also should have mentioned that I upgraded it to firmware version 1.7.
And a couple of times the switch to high and back worked fine but then it didn't come back with the complete preset settings except for the led changing from red to green.