Vypyr VIP 1 headphones not muting speaker

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
SuperSasho

Vypyr VIP 1 headphones not muting speaker

Post by SuperSasho » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:26 pm

Just received my Vypyr VIP 1 (ordered on Musician's Friend) and when I first plugged my headphones into the out, the speaker muted as it was supposed to, however after about a minute of playing the speaker came back on. Now plugging in the headphones does not mute the speaker at all--sound is directed to the headphones *in addition*, but continues to play from the speaker as well.

I've swapped in other pairs of headphones, tried different cables, restarting the amp, every basic diagnostic I could think of. It's something with the amp and I can't figure it out.

I tried searching the internet as well as this forum specifically, but this doesn't appear to be a common problem. Has anyone ever seen this happen? Any suggestions for getting it fixed?

wmjones

Re: Vypyr VIP 1 headphones not muting speaker

Post by wmjones » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:59 am

How many others on this form wish they had this feature. OK Enough joking, Your amp is under warranty so exchange it. Or you could order another USB board which the headphone jack is a part of.
8) HAPPY DAYS:

SuperSasho

Re: Vypyr VIP 1 headphones not muting speaker

Post by SuperSasho » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:03 pm

Thanks, I called the company I ordered from and they're sending out a replacement right away. Just wanted to see if this was something simple that maybe I had missed, but you're probably right in that it's likely just a bad board.