Fangs Wanted

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
GaryMadore

Fangs Wanted

Post by GaryMadore » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:23 am

I love to tinker and am currently building a head/double cab setup based around a Vypyr 30 that I bought second-hand.

I also bought old Peavey 4x12 with 16ohm Sheffields to gut for the project.

Anyway, I am building a scaled-down "full stack" where the V30 chassis will be housed in a new "head" enclosure, and one 12" Sheffield will be housed in each "cab" (one straight, one slant) so in the end I will have a scaled-down full-stack all wrapped in white tolex (because I'm still h*rny for the old special edition white JCM800 from days gone by...). Wired in parallel, the cabs will present an 8ohm load to the amp, basically the equivalent of a 2x12 setup, housed in separate boxes for no reason other than that I like to play with stuff.

I guess I should get to the point, huh? While everybody seems to be de-fanging their Vypyrs, I'd like to do the opposite, and add matching 'fangs" to each of the cabs I'm making.

So my question is, what do you de-fangers do with your plastic teeth? Anybody out there want to sell theirs? I don't care what size, as I can make the cabs to scale - but they would have to be a matching pair: both from a 30, 75... whatever.

Thanks,

Cheers!

Gary

P.S. I'm not losing the "combo" capability, as I'm also going to re-home the stock Vypyr speaker in a 1x10 box that will be able to latch to the "head." Cool, huh? That'd mean that I'd need more Vypyr fangs, though. Hmmmmm.... ;)
Last edited by GaryMadore on Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

GaryMadore

Re: Fangs Wanted

Post by GaryMadore » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:42 pm

OK, gave up on this idea and bought a set of the "lightning" logo plates :)

G