peavey vyrpr 75watt static

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
Erindelle

peavey vyrpr 75watt static

Post by Erindelle » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:45 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt_1XJsMBKo all the sound in the video is only from the amp. i dont know much about the inside of an amp but can someone please help me with this :( whatever is causing this static also noticeably makes the tone worse because yesterday it fixed itself for probably a couple hours then went back to this also the volume is being effected :(

j_fury68

Re: peavey vyrpr 75watt static

Post by j_fury68 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:35 pm

Erindelle wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt_1XJsMBKo all the sound in the video is only from the amp. i dont know much about the inside of an amp but can someone please help me with this :( whatever is causing this static also noticeably makes the tone worse because yesterday it fixed itself for probably a couple hours then went back to this also the volume is being effected :(
So had a guy bring me a 75 watt amp that was doing this kind of thing. it had the same high pitch sound that is in your video. With that amp it was a bad connection at the ribbon cable for head phones and auxillary in on the headphone board. Everything looked fine. The connection was even glued in place, but when I applied pressure to the connection at that spot the noise went away. I stripped the glue off and re-seated the connection and the problem went away. If you aren't familiar with the inside of an amp, I would recommend taking it to someone who is and nudging them in the direction of checking your ribbon cable connections.
:arrow: Peavey HP Special FT in Blue Moon Burst, Vypyr 30 with Effects Loop, Zoom G5, Vypyr Pro 100.

Erindelle

Re: peavey vyrpr 75watt static

Post by Erindelle » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:38 pm

thank you for your help :) I recently found that hitting the top of my amp fixes it.. so I definitely think it's something loose