Peavey Presets Community

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
aussierob

Peavey Presets Community

Post by aussierob » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:03 pm

This question has probably been asked numerous times. Have switched from VIP 1 to a VIP 3. I vaguely recall that the VIP 1 saved presets cannot be transferred to a VIP 2 or 3. I was looking at the shared presets on the Presets Community site but many of the presets give the impression that they can be used on any model VIP. Does anyone know if this is the case, or is it that each model is exclusive, so presets made on a VIP 3 can any be loaded to a 3? I have found these presets really helpful in the past and can be played from a jump drive via a laptop, rather than loading them onto the amp itself.

wmjones

Re: Peavey Presets Community

Post by wmjones » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:14 pm

aussierob wrote:This question has probably been asked numerous times. Have switched from VIP 1 to a VIP 3. I vaguely recall that the VIP 1 saved presets cannot be transferred to a VIP 2 or 3. I was looking at the shared presets on the Presets Community site but many of the presets give the impression that they can be used on any model VIP. Does anyone know if this is the case, or is it that each model is exclusive, so presets made on a VIP 3 can any be loaded to a 3? I have found these presets really helpful in the past and can be played from a jump drive via a laptop, rather than loading them onto the amp itself.
You can use VYPYR edit with the VIP 3 to open presets that were saved with VIP 1. If the stumps from the VIP 1 are effects on the VIP 3 they will load as effects and the editor will load Slicer for the stump which you can edit to bypass. You can then write the preset to amp. Note this cannot be done in reverse, (VIP 3 to VIP 1). The VIP 2 and VIP 3 are interchangeable.
8) HAPPY DAYS:

aussierob

Re: Peavey Presets Community

Post by aussierob » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:19 pm

Thank you very much for this info.