Sampera 2 not working with Vypyr VIP 3

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
Jersey_Rocker

Sampera 2 not working with Vypyr VIP 3

Post by Jersey_Rocker » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:50 pm

Please help if you can! My Sampera 2 pedal stopped working with my VIP 3 amp. The pedal display shows the setting on the amp and the stomp box light is red but no functions on the pedal work with this amp. Tried a factory reset on the amp, upgraded firmware to version 1.62 no change. Tried new 8 pin Midi cables (at least 5 of them and they all work with the other amps) and even another NEW Sampera 2 pedal with this amp, with the exact same results, still nothing on the Sampera functions except the display matches the amp settings. It should be noted that both Sampera 2 pedals work perfect on every other Vypyr amp I have tried them on! The VIP 3 works perfect other than this issue. Took the amp apart found no obvious loose connections. It's a year old but in perfect shape. I tried recalibrating the pedal by holding down button 4 etc. The pedal recalibrated but still does not function with this VIP 3. If anyone can help I'm all ears. Really want to use this pedal with this amp! Thanks...

wmjones

Re: Sampera 2 not working with Vypyr VIP 3

Post by wmjones » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:31 pm

I had some thing similar happen to me about two months ago. The sanpera pedal quit working on my vip 3 but worked on two other amps that I have. I have a fcb1010 controller that worked fine on my vip 3. It turned out that I had to replace the midi board in the amp. Cost was 18 dollars from peavey and I put it in myself.
8) HAPPY DAYS:

Jersey_Rocker

Post by Jersey_Rocker » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:57 am

If that's what it takes I'll go for it. Got the thing all apart on the kitchen table again this morning hoping to find something. HA!. Looks fairly easy to replace except getting the connector apart. I think I only played this amp once with the pedal and it worked fine. Next time I tried it nothing! You don't happen to remember the part # for that midi board do you? I'll call Peavey on Monday unless they're closed. Thanks for your reply.

wmjones

Post by wmjones » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:08 pm

I don't remember the part #. what I did was to tell PV that I needed a midi board for a VIP3. He told price and I ordered it. when I got the board I seen the part # on the bottom of it. You can call PV parts, Phone number is 1-800-752-7896 ex 1386. I wish you the same luck (good that is) I had with this. Use a needle nose pliers to pick off the hot glue be fore removing the plug.
8) HAPPY DAYS:

Jersey_Rocker

Post by Jersey_Rocker » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:00 pm

Thanks for you replies. I'll give them a call tomorrow. Also I like your picture! We are cat people. Got a pic of a black one I use as my ebay account pic. Wanted to post it here but the file is to too big. Will figure out how to covert that later. Too much on the plate now!

Jersey_Rocker

Post by Jersey_Rocker » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:35 pm

Well, purchased and installed a new midi board and it did the trick! Thanks for your help!
Since then I purchased a Pro 100 amp which I liked at first but am having trouble with the computer software /Amp Interface. It works great until I want to save a preset. Then I have issues and of course I lose my preset that I've spent the last half hour tweeking!
It is so frustrating I had to walk away from it. Naming the preset through the software is a problem as well. The software on the VIP series was much better and much easier to use. Right now I really wish I hadn't bought this Pro 100! It's just way too complicated. Reading this user manual is an instant headache. I hope I change my mind about it or it's up for sale.

Bigangbo

Post by Bigangbo » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:49 pm

Did I understand correct and the midi board you mentioned by Behringer controls all the functions on the VIP 3 ?

wmjones

Post by wmjones » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:32 pm

Bigangbo wrote:Did I understand correct and the midi board you mentioned by Behringer controls all the functions on the VIP 3 ?
The midi board by Behringer is the fcb1010. It is a programmable foot pedal with 10 switches and 2 expression pedals and needs to be programmed to the VIP. It also needs to be upgraded with a UNO chip $15. It works great with the VIP series and cost about $150. You also may be able to get one on EBAY all ready upgraded less.
8) HAPPY DAYS: