Vypyr 100w distortion problem on all red channels

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
FISH

Vypyr 100w distortion problem on all red channels

Post by FISH » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:35 pm

Howdy People i have Vypyr 100w modelling amp i bought it secondhand and it looks like i assume the first series anyway my problem is after around 1/2 to an hour of playing all the red channel voicings go wobbly something almost super distorted but totally unusable but switch back to green and all is normal and if i turn it off and come back to it after 10 minutes its all good again? but eventually breaks down after time again.
I have preformed the factory reset by holding down 1 and 2 presets on start up but that doesn't stop it from doing this after a warmed up period and i've checked the firmware and its 158 so i'm hoping to find out whether an update may help or is there a bigger problem here can anyone else add any ideas at all.

Many Thanks Wayne

wmjones

Re: Vypyr 100w distortion problem on all red channels

Post by wmjones » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:38 pm

If it only happens on the red channel and I assume (but do not know) you are using higher pre-gain and or higher volume. It may be a loose internal cable connection or possibly speaker connection. try using an amp modal with red channel with pre-gain and volume turned down to see if this still happens, If not then you need to check the connections. BTW. Firmware 1.59 is the latest firmware.
8) HAPPY DAYS:

FISH

Post by FISH » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:45 pm

Thanks for the reply I'll give that a shot and report back and is it worth doing the upgrade of the firmware, if so what cable do I need is it an ethernet one ? Im not the greatest computer wiz

Many Thanks Wayne

gcolbert

Post by gcolbert » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:40 pm

I've had something like this happen on my Vypyr 30. I did a factory reset and it cleared it up (but I lost my presets).

FISH

Post by FISH » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:52 pm

Howdy thanks have preformed the reset many times but i think it may well be a speaker connection as i had a fiddle with them and one was loose and it stayed fine for a number of hours but the next time i played it the distortion did give way but i noticed it was both channels red and green so it leads back to the speaker. I'm away for a couple of weeks now but when i get back it will have a good look at it and perhaps clean the connections add some electrical grease as it may well be the vibrations of the high gain that causing the connection to play up . Thanks for the Advice everyone i will report back when i have had a good look at it and let people know.

Cheers Wayne