VYPYR 75 good for country and metal?

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
peaveyidaho

VYPYR 75 good for country and metal?

Post by peaveyidaho » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:57 pm

Hey all! So I just bought a VYPYR 75 today for $60 plus tax. Its missing one of the knobs but thats no big deal. Seems to work okay though. My question is, is it good for country and metal? I play a ton of country but I also play alot of metal. The main guitar I'm using is a Dean ML with a Floyd Rose. It can play country trust me, it's not just a metal guitar. What I'm really wanting to know, is if this amp will get a good Def Leppard sound? By Def Leppard sound, I'm talking like a sound that actually sounds like Def Leppard, not an 80's sound. I used to have a VYPYR Tube 120 but I'm new to the solid state versions. Anything else I should know about them?

dalrymple

Re: VYPYR 75 good for country and metal?

Post by dalrymple » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:06 am

If you had the Tube 120(the Cadillac of Vypyrs) you know all the answers to the test already. Only very small tone differences IMHO, mostly on the OD side of things. Not quite as smooth an OD as the tube models, tad more grainy, but same overall. You will be a happy camper I would think.
Dalrymple