Power Sponge in VIP2, is it possible?

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
godoy.rafa

Power Sponge in VIP2, is it possible?

Post by godoy.rafa » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:55 pm

Is this mod possible in VIP2? There's a topic explainig how to do it in a VIP30, but the circuits must be different...

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=27217

wmjones

Re: Power Sponge in VIP2, is it possible?

Post by wmjones » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:04 pm

godoy.rafa wrote:Is this mod possible in VIP2? There's a topic explainig how to do it in a VIP30, but the circuits must be different...

The volume sponge is an alternate to the power sponge. The diagram is by GRE2608. I do not believe the actual power sponge is possible with out replacing the power board. The pedal pot can be placed beside the volume pot.
Attachments
volume sponge3.jpg
volume sponge3.jpg (59.35 KiB) Viewed 2658 times
8) HAPPY DAYS:

godoy.rafa

Post by godoy.rafa » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:19 pm

wmjones wrote:
godoy.rafa wrote:Is this mod possible in VIP2? There's a topic explainig how to do it in a VIP30, but the circuits must be different...

The volume sponge is an alternate to the power sponge. The diagram is by GRE2608. I do not believe the actual power sponge is possible with out replacing the power board. The pedal pot can be placed beside the volume pot.
Yeah, but would this make my Sanpera voume stop working? And why can't I do the first mod from GRE2608, where he uses the red wire instead of the black for the "VOLUME SPONGE" mod?

Thans anyway!
VYPYR30.VS.MOD.PNG
VYPYR30.VS.MOD.PNG (40.81 KiB) Viewed 2655 times

wmjones

Post by wmjones » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:42 pm

godoy.rafa wrote:
wmjones wrote:

Yeah, but would this make my Sanpera voume stop working? And why can't I do the first mod from GRE2608, where he uses the red wire instead of the black for the "VOLUME SPONGE" mod?

anyway!

VYPYR30.VS.MOD.PNG
The mod will not affect the operation ofc your Sanpera. As for the mods; Use the red wire instead of the black. I got both charts from this form but I sent the wrong one. I remember one made the pot rotate backwards.
8) HAPPY DAYS:

godoy.rafa

Post by godoy.rafa » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:52 am

wmjones wrote:
godoy.rafa wrote:
wmjones wrote:Yeah, but would this make my Sanpera voume stop working? And why can't I do the first mod from GRE2608, where he uses the red wire instead of the black for the "VOLUME SPONGE" mod?

anyway!

VYPYR30.VS.MOD.PNG
The mod will not affect the operation ofc your Sanpera. As for the mods; Use the red wire instead of the black. I got both charts from this form but I sent the wrong one. I remember one made the pot rotate backwards.
Great, thank you. Did you use a log pot or a linear pot?

wmjones

Post by wmjones » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:38 pm

godoy.rafa wrote:
wmjones wrote:
godoy.rafa wrote:
Great, thank you. Did you use a log pot or a linear pot?
Both will work, but I would use linear.
8) HAPPY DAYS: