IN BIG TROUBLE NOW!!!

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
skypeace

IN BIG TROUBLE NOW!!!

Post by skypeace » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:16 pm

Finally spent some time with my new VIP 1 which I have had for about 3 weeks and got it hooked up to my little Dell Venue 11 Pro and did the firmware updates and started playing with the pedals and stomp boxes and man, being a newbie to gee-tar I am totally blown away by how much fun this is.

I am just going through the numb fingers and newly formed callouses stage as I am a real rootin' tootin' newbie but this amp is making it worth the pain. Something told me this Peavey was the beginner ticket and I am having a ball. :lol:

Landshark

Re: IN BIG TROUBLE NOW!!!

Post by Landshark » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:22 am

wish i had one when i first started! had a dead-sounding Crate solid state :D

i just picked up a VIP1 off Craigslist for $50 - nice sounding little "gameroom" amp. i also have the Vypyr Pro - you can step up to that when you feel like it.

keep practicing, and good luck. :)

skypeace

Post by skypeace » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:59 pm

Thanks Landshark,
Wow, $50 bucks, how cool is that?
Yeah, I have lusted after that Vypyr Pro 100 and when I grow up that is on my wish list, but I have a ways to go and will probably climb the VIP ladder first.

Landshark

Post by Landshark » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:51 am

skypeace wrote:Thanks Landshark,
Wow, $50 bucks, how cool is that?
Yeah, I have lusted after that Vypyr Pro 100 and when I grow up that is on my wish list, but I have a ways to go and will probably climb the VIP ladder first.
it should work for you for quite some time - its a great-sounding little amp.

spend your time practicing, not chasing tone. a good tone can inspire practicing, but a great player can make any amp sound good. ;)