Harmony effect? Sanpera question

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
willyjacksonjs22-7

Harmony effect? Sanpera question

Post by willyjacksonjs22-7 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:51 pm

Hi guys im new here, Does the vip 3 has a harmony effect where you can hear 2 guitars play the same thing in a lead part?

Also i wanna get the sanpera pedal, but i notice that some amps sims dont have the same volume as others, that makes me turn the volume up and down, can the pedal fix this? Meaning if i store a preset, the distortion and clean channel will stay at the same volume? Thanks

dalrymple

Re: Harmony effect? Sanpera question

Post by dalrymple » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:03 pm

On Vypyr series 1, I get a decent sounding doubling effect with the pitch shifter. Think Ramble On by Zep-ish.
Might try fiddling with that.

Your post gain is made to allow you to volume match presets. Boost the post on weak ones after you try them side by side with your already saved ones.
Save the volume matched setups. That should get your volumes closer as you switch around.

Dalrymple

willyjacksonjs22-7

Post by willyjacksonjs22-7 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:35 pm

dalrymple wrote:On Vypyr series 1, I get a decent sounding doubling effect with the pitch shifter. Think Ramble On by Zep-ish.
Might try fiddling with that.

Your post gain is made to allow you to volume match presets. Boost the post on weak ones after you try them side by side with your already saved ones.
Save the volume matched setups. That should get your volumes closer as you switch around.

Dalrymple
ok ill take a look at that, is there any videos on youtube showing how to do it? not that of an expert.thanks

that makes sense. but why is the clean channels volume, lowered than the gain channel? is this in all real amps and amp sims? thanks

wmjones

Post by wmjones » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:02 am

willyjacksonjs22-7 wrote: ok ill take a look at that, is there any videos on youtube showing how to do it? not that of an expert.thanks

that makes sense. but why is the clean channels volume, lowered than the gain channel? is this in all real amps and amp sims? thanks
A starting point For harmony use pitch shifter with parameters P1 set at 4 and P2 set at 3.75 (4 is the 12 o'clock led). You can change the parameters to your liking.
No two amp modals have the same volume level. For the lowest power amp (set on green) you use set the post gain all the way up (set pre gain to your liking) and save this to a preset. now change the same amp to orange, set post gain to match volume and resave to same preset, repeat for red channel on the same amp modal. Do not change presets while you are doing this. now you can repeat this for other amp modals you use, each on a different preset. Master volume controls the power amp and is not saved in the presets.
'note' The 3 save on a preset is not necessary if you only use 1 channel in each preset.
8) HAPPY DAYS:

willyjacksonjs22-7

Post by willyjacksonjs22-7 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:54 am

wmjones wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:02 am
willyjacksonjs22-7 wrote: ok ill take a look at that, is there any videos on youtube showing how to do it? not that of an expert.thanks

A starting point For harmony use pitch shifter with parameters P1 set at 4 and P2 set at 3.75 (4 is the 12 o'clock led). You can change the parameters to your liking.
No two amp modals have the same volume level. For the lowest power amp (set on green) you use set the post gain all the way up (set pre gain to your liking) and save this to a preset. now change the same amp to orange, set post gain to match volume and resave to same preset, repeat for red channel on the same amp modal. Do not change presets while you are doing this. now you can repeat this for other amp modals you use, each on a different preset. Master volume controls the power amp and is not saved in the presets.
'note' The 3 save on a preset is not necessary if you only use 1 channel in each preset.
I know this is old, but i wanna thank you. Havent log in for months!

Changing the same amp model? The 6505 clean doesnt sound good to me :/ i can still hear some drive. Why not change presets? Thanks