Vypyr VIP 2 instrument emulation

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
xyzz

Vypyr VIP 2 instrument emulation

Post by xyzz » Tue May 09, 2017 5:08 pm

So I bought the vypyr 2 and I've been having fun figuring out everything on it and it sounds great. However, I saw this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERvL0qgT-4s) and I can't figure out how to make what he's doing work. When I set the instrument selector (on the inst/stomp knob) to bass and change the amp to one of the bass selections my guitar makes no noise. I tried the thing he did with the strumming and then hitting the specific fret but I suppose that only works on that specific instrument. I also checked if it was just the post gain knob on either of those but they're both at max so it should be making noise. Not quite sure how to get it working. Any help would be appreciated!

wmjones

Re: Vypyr VIP 2 instrument emulation

Post by wmjones » Wed May 10, 2017 12:26 pm

xyzz wrote:So I bought the vypyr 2 and I've been having fun figuring out everything on it and it sounds great. However, I saw this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERvL0qgT-4s) and I can't figure out how to make what he's doing work. When I set the instrument selector (on the inst/stomp knob) to bass and change the amp to one of the bass selections my guitar makes no noise. I tried the thing he did with the strumming and then hitting the specific fret but I suppose that only works on that specific instrument. I also checked if it was just the post gain knob on either of those but they're both at max so it should be making noise. Not quite sure how to get it working. Any help would be appreciated!
You cannot do what he is doing in the video because he is using a At-200 guitar to emulate the bass, not the amp. He is using a bass model on the amp. If you want to use the bass emulator on the amp with the bass amp modal check the pre-gain, it may be turned all the way down. Also check the post-gain.
8) HAPPY DAYS: