Why don't we hear more about the Vypyr pro 100 ?

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
copperheadroads

Why don't we hear more about the Vypyr pro 100 ?

Post by copperheadroads » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:32 pm

From a couple of sources the Vypyr pro may be the king of the modeling amps
I don't own one but , from a few videos including the TTK this thing is better than most .
I own the old Mustang III V2 -great amp for clean & light overdrive .it does the Fender cleans in spades .I don't expect any other modeler amp to compete in this area
& i own the Boss Katana 100 - It's a beast for tight metal & does cleans good ...
I am still intrigued by the vypyr pro 100
I have no experience any of the Peavey Vypyr amps is the Vypyr pro miles ahead of the old Vypyr amps ?

barber76

Re: Why don't we hear more about the Vypyr pro 100 ?

Post by barber76 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:11 am

I agree there's definite lack of buzz regarding Pro 100. I could understand it, when it was priced right there with budget all-tube 50-60 watt heads, but now, with the price down to $499 and with frequent 15% discounts on top of it, still there's relative silence on forums regarding it. While Katana gets lots of attention. :roll: :roll:

Landshark

Re: Why don't we hear more about the Vypyr pro 100 ?

Post by Landshark » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:14 pm

Peavey dropped the ball marketing it.

Bought mine online from Guitar Center, and needed to do an exchange on it - when i brought it into the store, they had never even heard of it (it was out for a little while at this point). I've never seen one on the floor for anyone to try, either.

Some companies continue supporting products long after they are released, some abandon them almost immediately. Peavey, and Digitech among others, seem to like to abandon stuff.