VYPR VIP3 Breaking up when guitar is played harder at even moderate volume

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
Arrakkis

VYPR VIP3 Breaking up when guitar is played harder at even moderate volume

Post by Arrakkis » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:08 am

I have a VIP3 that my wife had got me for Christmas a couple years back. Far as I can remember it has always be doing this, so I never used it much. Question is, is this a problem with the speaker being blown or defective or is it a problem with the amp design itself? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enQ_JkOJ3O8

vypyrtrails

Re: VYPR VIP3 Breaking up when guitar is played harder at even moderate volume

Post by vypyrtrails » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:25 pm

I am not an amp tech.

In the patch on your clip, what are you using?

I am guessing chorus, an acoustic setting of some sort. Is one of your effects parameters set to high?

Does this do this on a clean amp setting with no effects???

Just trying to help you out if I can. Its a real bummer when something doesn't work right.

wmjones

Re: VYPR VIP3 Breaking up when guitar is played harder at even moderate volume

Post by wmjones » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:47 pm

I noticed you are using the Delta Slide preset. Do you get the same thing on other presets or have you tried other settings, effects or amp models? You might also try changing the reverb and/or delay parameters or effect parameters to see if this helps. I have a VIP3 and I can duplicate these sounds but if I do it is because I want to. You could have a blown speaker but I don't think it's an amp problem. BTW; If you only had the amp 2 years and registered it then it is still under warranty.
8) HAPPY DAYS: