VYPYR VIP 1 and 2

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
Mike72

VYPYR VIP 1 and 2

Post by Mike72 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:05 pm

Is there a difference in features, sound or anything else between the VYPYR VIP 1 and 2? Except for speaker sizes what is the difference between the two models? I live in an apartment so I can not have it too loud. Would the VYPR 2 still be quiet enoungh for my needs?

wmjones

Re: VYPYR VIP 1 and 2

Post by wmjones » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:22 pm

The VIP1 is 20 watts, the VIP2 is 40 watts. The Vip1 has no effects however several effects are mixed into the Stump control. The VIP1 can use only 3 effects at a time, the VIP2 can use 4 at a time. Because of speaker size the tone is slightly different but still good. I believe the VIP2 would be quiet enough for apt use. If you also get a Sanpera 1 or 2 the sanpera volume can only turn the volume as high as you set the master.
8) HAPPY DAYS:

CharlesCCC

Post by CharlesCCC » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:14 pm

I have a VIP 1 and you cant put it past 1 with the Post Gain nob turned up without waking up the neighborhood.

I was thinking about trading it in and getting the VIP 2 since it has more features and a 12" speaker (throw in a green back)

vypyrtrails

Post by vypyrtrails » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:34 pm

My votes for the VIP 2. I own it.

I can play it at very low, soft volumes when someone is sleeping in another room with no problems!
All the tone is still there!

Head phones are not that bad too!

If you do computer recording at all...check out ReValver!! I don't have it, but from what I heard, it sounds Crazy Awesome too!

ReValver can be found on this site through the Board index.