Vypyr pro advice

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
Danauz

Vypyr pro advice

Post by Danauz » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:34 am

Hi I'm looking at upgrading from my line 6 to a peavey vypyr pro with the sanpera but was wondering how's it go for gigs , can you hook additional speakers up, to get distortion will I need separatepetals and how does it go for metal music :)

Landshark

Re: Vypyr pro advice

Post by Landshark » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:29 am

i don't gig it, and there is no extra speaker out.

there is, however, an MSDI (microphone simulated direct interface) XLR out that you can connect to a PA system.

the Vypro has several built-in distortion pedal effects, but many of the amp models have so much gain you won't need them. i do like adding distortion to the lower gain amps to mess around with different sounds.

it is AWESOME for metal!
modern: 6505, 6534, 3120, XXX, Diezel, Bogner, Mesa Boogie, etc.
classic: JCM800, Plexi, Soldano, Valveking, etc.

Danauz

Post by Danauz » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:21 am

Sweet thanks heaps for the answer landshark bands pretty new looking at doing our first gigs an such so was wondering would the pa route be suffiacent or would a head an cabinet be the best way to go just a bit worryied as I have my heart set on this model but would hate to get up there and have some serious problems lol

Distortion thanks heaps you've put my mind at ease

And great thanks I was thinking of messing with the 6505 setting but didn't realise it could do all the other amp models so looks like I'm going to have fun

Landshark

Post by Landshark » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:13 am

Danauz wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:21 am
Sweet thanks heaps for the answer landshark bands pretty new looking at doing our first gigs an such so was wondering would the pa route be suffiacent or would a head an cabinet be the best way to go just a bit worryied as I have my heart set on this model but would hate to get up there and have some serious problems lol
i never used it into a PA, so i can't comment on that. you can disable the amp's speaker with the MSDI, or leave it on to act like a monitor.

And great thanks I was thinking of messing with the 6505 setting but didn't realise it could do all the other amp models so looks like I'm going to have fun

you also get CLEAN & DIRTY channels for each amp model - get a great early Van Halen sound with the Tubescreamer pedal and 6505 Clean channel.
here's the list of all the amp models:
https://peavey.com/forum/download/file.php?id=15536

Danauz

Post by Danauz » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:45 pm

Sorry for the late replie that sounds great I guess at 100 watts the places we'd be playing we wouldn't really have to worry about being heard lol and great sounds amazing thanks for all te help