Vypyr VIP 3 High Gain models cut out

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
bossfrog

Vypyr VIP 3 High Gain models cut out

Post by bossfrog » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:34 pm

Having a problem with my VIP3. Everything works as it should and sounds good UNLESS I choose an amp and select the high gain channel with the asterisk. The clean and overdrive versions are fine, but as soon as I hit the lead or "red" channel and strike a chord or note, the amp cuts the sound and it gets all crackly until the chord or note fades and then it will sound normal as the note trails off. It's almost as if the noise reduction on those channels has been put into hyper mode or something. It does it on every amp model except the Classic 50 and the Twin. I tried factory reset. Tried reflashing 1.6.2 firmware. I'm at a loss here. I haven't opened it up yet. Could it but dust or maybe a circuit board has developed a loose solder on that gain stage or something? It kinda started out of the blue after not playing it for about 3 weeks. :(

jcolpean

Re: Vypyr VIP 3 High Gain models cut out

Post by jcolpean » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:50 am

Im having what sounds to be similar/same problem. Learn anything yet? Mine happens when playing at high volume.