Help with VSX26

A forum for discussing the VSX and share settings
eurofantasy

Help with VSX26

Post by eurofantasy » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:54 pm

Hi everyone, I need help with a VSX26 setup. Our church's system is a 3 hang per side VR112 MK1, with VR218's one on each side. For amps we have a CS1400 on the highs, Cs4000 on the mids and CS4080Z on the lows. Now the help I need is with the setting as far as crossovers, EQ and limiters. I have the presets from the Peavey website but they just don't sound good, the highs sound so muffled and it just doesn't sound right. If somebody has those settings for a 3 hang system would you please send them to me? Thank you and God bless.

Marty McCann

Re: Help with VSX26

Post by Marty McCann » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:50 am

HOw many degrees do you have between each enclosure element? Anything more than 2.5 degrees is a compromise that gets worse with each increase in angle.

With the angles at 2.5 degrees, the preset should work if programmed properly. Do you havwe the manual? Perhaps loading the data by hand may give you better response, as sometime the transfer of a preset may end up corrupted.
Attachments
Setting_up_the_versarry_system[1].pdf
(29.73 KiB) Downloaded 286 times
Versarray_112_Spec_Sheet[1].pdf
(2.57 MiB) Downloaded 277 times

eurofantasy

Re: Help with VSX26

Post by eurofantasy » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:48 am

Hi Mr McCann, first of all thank you for taking the time to answer. I have the setting loaded as the pdf says, I have checked and double checked them, now the degrees between cabs is 2.5. One strange thing is that the majority of times it sounds muffled as if it had a towel covering them and sometimes when I turn on the system it sounds so good and detailed but after about half an hour sounding like that it reverts to sounding muffled, no rhyme or reason. I have erased the settings and reloaded, per the pdf, several times to no avail. I'm at a loss right now