New Preset Collection Post

A place to share ReValver Presets

Moderators: Michael Ljunggren, ReValver Support Team

Spacekid

New Preset Collection Post

Post by Spacekid » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:38 am

To be added to as it goes: First I'm working on Michael. I had to redo my operating system and upgrade a few things, so these will come as they do. This first one has split kaften sections for cab and effects (post). I'll use this for a base to tool around with the internals, and may alter effects as I go. This one is setup for a semi-heavy lead or a decent crunch, with a slight delay/flanger/chorus/reverb - all mixed together via splitter.
StarScape.rev4preset.sa
(39.12 KiB) Downloaded 625 times
These new ones should be more compatible with other users general setup, along with working toward keeping I/O settings closer to the default, I can also hear better since I replaced my old Hard Drive. It was getting pretty noisy- but all that is solved.

Spacekid

Re: New Preset Collection Post

Post by Spacekid » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:02 am

Forgot to mention: This preset will eat up around 6 gigs of RAM due to the effects.

Spacekid

Post by Spacekid » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:28 am

This next one has a few internal changes that I have found though time (the first preset has tubes switched out, which I forgot about doing). Starscape 5000 has the following changes added to the original preset: tranny impedance - 5000 , impedance algorithm - 0 , transformer saturation 2 . This should work better in a mix than the original preset.
StarScape 5000.rev4preset.sa
(40.12 KiB) Downloaded 455 times

Spacekid

Post by Spacekid » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:28 pm

Here's the last two for today. I just bought the VHIII cab and put it into Starscape 5000. I'm only posting it because I had to do very heavy boost adjustments with it, and it sounds good. So for the other presets and this one I first boosted on the mic gain, then if I needed more I boosted the main output gain up top. So, If you trying to get the most out of these, this is the order I went in.
StarScape 5000 VH.rev4preset.sa
(36.09 KiB) Downloaded 413 times
The second one is a crunch preset, it may need volume adjusting as well, but they all will probably need a bit of that.
StarScape 5000 VH CRN.rev4preset.sa
(40.18 KiB) Downloaded 407 times
PS- The areas that need more work on these will be adjusting the Kaften gate on the amp screen and adjusting the mic gain and input/output volumes. I spent more time doing that on the latest preset. PS - If anyone wants to start doing another amp, that would be :mrgreen:

Spacekid

Post by Spacekid » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:29 pm

A hi and low roll-off EQ placed in the stomps last (after the second Kaften) works well. Here is a patch with the EQ and a second with Treble Booster:
StarScape 5000 VH CRN Q.rev4preset.sa
(42.39 KiB) Downloaded 385 times
StarScape 5000 TB.rev4preset.sa
(41.67 KiB) Downloaded 376 times
*note: VH in the preset name denotes VHIII cabinet model.

Spacekid

Post by Spacekid » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:44 am

Tried to do a very Raw sounding Basic 100. It's cleaner on the guitar channel and dirty on the Both B/G channel. Both balanced out, so all you have to do is adjust the master in and out. There is also an optional Blue Chorus pedal. It's a preset that works best on the mid/lower register of guitar, when chuncking out jazzy chord forms (for me at least).
BlueSteel.rev4preset.sa
(29.05 KiB) Downloaded 409 times
*Late change: try switching the deep mode off for better response :)

Spacekid

Post by Spacekid » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:19 am

Well, I've reached the point where I've replaced all of Revalver but the amps themselves. SO I understand why most people don't post presets..it's really impossible once you go this way and get a unique sound. Anyway, here's a pic of my setup that has evolved over the past two years.
Image 1.jpg
Image 1.jpg (353.65 KiB) Viewed 6303 times
..rock on :twisted: