ACT Rack preset British N console

A place to share ReValver Presets

Moderators: Michael Ljunggren, ReValver Support Team

Spacekid

ACT Rack preset British N console

Post by Spacekid » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:51 pm

__________SKIP THIS FOR NOW(I've redone everything as I've learned. I'll have some professional level modules up soon.6 channels, 3 EQs, and a Bogner Shiva high gain and a Marshall 1959SLP-Fortin Mod/all for use with a custom high gain Michael preset.....just making presets for convenience at the moment. I may add another amp or two before I upload in a new topic. It's worth the wait :) better than any other amp sim I have tried_______
Below you will find a bank to import into Revalver: ACT Rack Brit N. Once you have done this, Open up Revalver and load the preset "Source BritN". Leave everything alone. Go to the effects A section (with guitar plugged and ready to go). Click the source learn button and let it do it's thing recording you go nuts. Next, save your source file as whatever you wish. Personally I've placed my sources, and Target files, in my documents under folders of those names because documents is one of the selections that shows in the menu when you go to load source and target profiles. Ok, so you should have your source file saved somewhere. Also included in this zip is the folder "Targets" which contains the target profile "BritN". Place this folder and file along-side you "Source" folder and file, or just somewhere you can find them both. In my case, I have Documents> Source folder and file and Documents>Target folder and file. Ok, last step: In Revalver, open up the preset "Target BritN". Now just load the source file you created as Source, and then load the target file I gave you into Target. Be sure to click the enable button, as it doesn't automatically come on when you load files. The preset itself has 3 choices of distortion, compression, chorus, and tremolo - all set up with the idea of 1 distortion at a time and the others can be added however you want. The Greener and The Black Death sound ok together though. The presets that you save won't save the files you use for profiles with them, you have to load your source and target profiles each time you load the preset *and click enable -I forgot it a few times already.

-Enjoy-
BritN(unzipMe).7z
(72.24 KiB) Downloaded 328 times
Last edited by Spacekid on Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Spacekid

Re: ACT Rack preset British N console

Post by Spacekid » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:59 pm

Oh, I should mention that I did my profiling on a neck position pickup. It may or may not matter which you choose to profile though. -cheers

Spacekid

Post by Spacekid » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:57 am

A few More additions. The first preset is a bit unbalanced on the post Eq, so I fixed it up, plus added a really great VHIII preset. The first preset still has it's uses though, so add it first as it will make it easier to add these. 1) Import the two new presets into your ACT Rack presets folder. 2) Open "Target BritN2" preset. 3) load the source file that you recorded earlier during the 1st version. 4) load the "BritN" target file

Use the same approach for the second preset 1) Load up the preset "Target BritN VHIII" 2) load your source profile 3) load the "BritN" target file.

-Enjoy, these are much fuller-
BritN2 Preset Additions.7z
(76.88 KiB) Downloaded 303 times

Spacekid

Post by Spacekid » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:40 am

^ For anyone wanting to skip ahead to the last 2 presets (directly above this post) you need to download the preset in this post in order to make the proper source profile. Simply import the "Source BritN" preset then go to the ACT Rack and record your guitar and save it as a profile. Don't touch anything in the preset "Source BritN" just record your profile and then save it. Then you can follow the rest of the steps in the above post. You will use your new profile as the source and "BritN" also below as the Target. You load these both in each of the presets.
Source BritN.rev4preset.7z
R4 preset setup used to record your source file
(15.27 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
BritN.7z
The Target file to load into all presets other than Source BritN
(19.62 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
If anyone is confused just ask :)

Spacekid

Post by Spacekid » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:12 am

OK :) I found a great one to stop on for a while. To review: Import my preset "Source BritN" in an open (standalone or DAW) version of Revalver. Don't touch any settings(my settings for input/output are 0 each), just go to the Effects A page and for "Source" on ACT Rack click "Learn" and play your guitar as much as possible. Next, click the folder icon under the source load button and save your Source profile for later use. Name it whatever you want, just remember it's a source.

If you have already gone through the Source save steps, start here: Open a fresh instance of Revalver, and Import and load the preset "Target BritN-CMP(1960A). Go to the "Effects A" page and load the source file you saved earlier as the source profile. Locate my .actprofile named "BritN-CMP" and load it as the Target profile. Click on the "Enable" button on the ACT Rack and it should be good. *I used the neck pickup position in my profiling

Here are all the files:(sorry to dumb down the steps, but this is really the best one, and I'm ready for a break for maybe a week or two :)
Source BritN.rev4preset.7z
(15.27 KiB) Downloaded 285 times
BritN-CMP.7z
(63.52 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
I tweaked the EQ on the preset a bit: Just import and load this preset, like you did the other one. Then import your custom made source file and the same Target file as you just did (BritN-CMP). -Enjoy :) I went with my standard mid drop EQ on this second variation of the Target Brit-CMP preset :)
Target BritN-CMP(1960A)Q2.rev4preset.7z
(44.92 KiB) Downloaded 278 times
THE FINAL VERSION IS BELOW: This is just the final preset, you still need to import your custom made source file(see above, in this post)and import the target source file also in this post. This is a rig preset with 3 distortions to choose from(one at a time) and any combination of the other included stomps -cheers
Target BritN-CMP(1960A)RIG-FINAL.rev4preset.7z
(47.61 KiB) Downloaded 286 times
Target BritN-CMP(1960A)ALTMAX.rev4preset.7z
shhhh.
(52.03 KiB) Downloaded 289 times