ACT Rack X - Michael(1960A)

A place to share ReValver Presets

Moderators: Michael Ljunggren, ReValver Support Team

Spacekid

ACT Rack X - Michael(1960A)

Post by Spacekid » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:15 pm

ok, so I figured the ACT Rack out:

*Just noting that there is an inconsistency between the number of downloads for the source, targets, and presets. You will not be able to take advantage of switching profiles if you don't have all three. That takes away the fun of this -cheers :D

First the instructions

-Unzip files
-Import preset Bank
-Move "Source" and "Targets" folders to Documents (keep them as separate folders inside documents for easy navigation)

Use:

-Load a preset
-Enable all the ACT Rack modules
-Check/change the ACT Input Shaper(I used LP Custom Silverburst: Middle PU on the presets/I profiled using my guitars middle selection).
-Quick-save for ACT Input Shaper changes

modification(changing profiles):

-Load a preset
-Go to Effects A
-The 3 ACT Racks are in the following order: 1) Channel profile 2) EQ profile 3) Amp profile
-The order is reflected in the preset, except Amp is first : ex: Bogner_Shiva_Gain(US A)(Secret Q)
-To change any profile, click on "load" Source for any module
-Use shortcut browse in the pop up menu and go to documents
-Select the "Source" folder
-Load the source profile "Profile(Michael - 1960A)" // Use this same profile for everything(Channel, Amp & EQ)

-Next click on "load" Target for that module
-Use shortcut browse in the pop up menu and go to documents
-Select the "Targets" folder that corresponds with your module-Amps, Channels, or EQs
-Select a profile that you want to load

--------Be sure to re-enable the ACT Rack, as it cuts itself off when loading-----------------

The Models Used:

Amps

Bogner_Shiva_Gain
Jet City JCA20H
Marshall 1959SLP-Fortin Mod
Marshall 1987X-Friedman Mod
Marshall 2555X Jubilee
Marshall JCM900 4100
*Soldano Hot Rod 100P - added expansion, see posts
*Friedman Double J - Jerry Cantrell Signature -added expansion, see posts
*Surh PT-100 Custom -added expansion, see posts
*Surh SL68 HW -added expansion, see posts
*Marshall JVM410H Joe Satriani Signature - added expansion, see posts

Channels(emulated)

Brit 4K E
Brit 4K G
BritN
RC-Tube
Secret
US A

EQs(emulated)

Brit 4K
Brit N
Secret
*Secret Q2, Q3, Q4 added -see posts

_______________ Michael(Randy412) is available once you get a feel for using these - see posts, only after you understand the Michael(1960A) set :)
*Randy412 has been reworked, re-download if you got the first version :)

Source.7z
(20.42 KiB) Downloaded 618 times
Targets.7z
(298.67 KiB) Downloaded 627 times
ACT Rack X -Michael(1960A) Sample Presets.7z
(451.04 KiB) Downloaded 693 times

*My preset Banks were too large for the forum, so I am going to use a Dropbox account that I have. Simply send me a PM with an email address that I can authorize to download the files. It will send you an email notification once I have authorized you to share. It will also send you the link. The download here are sample presets to try.
Last edited by Spacekid on Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:46 am, edited 7 times in total.

Sarah jane

Re: ACT Rack X - Michael(1960A)

Post by Sarah jane » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:47 am

Thanks Spacekid
This will be a learning curve for me but I will try the method you have descibed :D
I don't seem to be able to compose a PM, I get this response :(

"We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more in discussions to be able to use this feature."

Spacekid

Post by Spacekid » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:46 am

Sarah jane wrote:Thanks Spacekid
This will be a learning curve for me but I will try the method you have descibed :D
I don't seem to be able to compose a PM, I get this response :(

"We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more in discussions to be able to use this feature."
You're welcome Sarah. For the downloads in the cloud file, you don't have to have them at this point. They are combinations of modules that you already have. It was(and is)a lot of work trying out all the possible combinations, but I had a go at it yesterday, and that's what those other presets are. Lately, I've been testing doing the modules in the order of(channel, Amp, EQ) and it sometimes yields better results. Or simply leaving out other modules all-together. Also, adjusting the 'amount' knob on the ACT Rack is helpful if you want the sound to be closer to what it is before that rack. *The 'Smooth' knob is broken, you can get it to go to about 30% before it freezes, or you can double-click it to get it to go to 50%, but that's about it. Someone should report it's behavior to Peavey. It will completely freeze a ProTools session.
Also, mess with the stomp modules for many different variations

Oh, I have ACT Combo in demo mode for a little while longer, But I played around with your JCM800 profile --
ACT Combo JCM800(SJ).rev4preset.sa
(69 KiB) Downloaded 565 times
-- try this: Add the "ACT Combo" module after the Kaften, load your Marshall JCM800 profile into it. Then be sure to go to effects A and switch on ACT Rack modules. You will have to make adjustments to the ACT combo to get the levels right.

Spacekid

Post by Spacekid » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:13 am

*A quick note: For adding things to what is in this set - you can add any recorded amp sound you can find to this. Simply load up any of the Michael presets, go to the "amp" ACT rack, load the included source file as the source (profile(Michael-1960A)) and then load the new amp recording (maybe cut a section out of it with Audacity)as the target in the ACT rack. The other Target elements, that you have in documents, must be used with the ACT Rack X- Michael(1960A) presets. This is why I put them inside folders that say "Michael(1960A)" inside the Targets folder I gave you. The conversation of why this is and how did I capture these things is a bit longer. If anyone wants to know my method, just PM me, or start a thread and I will answer there. -cheers :)

Spacekid

Post by Spacekid » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:05 am

I accidentally left out a Bogner_Shiva example. It's based on the presets you have, just substitute the amp. Here's a copy of one anyway.
Bogner_Shiva_Gain(US A)(Brit N).rev4preset.sa
(114.6 KiB) Downloaded 578 times

Spacekid

Post by Spacekid » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:45 am

Soldano Hot Rod 100 Plus expansion: Place profile in Targets folder and import preset :)
Soldano Hot Rod 100P expansion.7z
(95.17 KiB) Downloaded 565 times

Spacekid

Post by Spacekid » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:39 am

Friedman Double J -Jerry Cantrell Signature expansion. Move profile to "targets" folder and import preset. :D

Friedman Double J-JC Signature expansion.7z
(104.41 KiB) Downloaded 614 times

Spacekid

Post by Spacekid » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:02 pm

Michael(Randy412) (Rework complete)

-For reasons of keeping things straight, you should name the previous set(in your Revalver preset banks menu)to something like "ACT Rack X - Michael(1960A)". I have named this set "ACT Rack X - Michael(Randy412)"

-You will put these files in your "Source" and "Targets" folders. I have pre-labeled them "Michael(Randy412)" just place them where they go, channels or EQs.

-You have to use the correct model for either the 1960A or the Randy412. You can try mixing and matching them, but IDK what will turn out.

-Simple enough if you made it this far...the same principles as the first set, just a second set added.

--this model(Randy412)is far more wild than the 1960A..way more overtones to deal with

-enjoy :)

I Forgot to post the Re-issue Source and Targets earlier(I apologize). Here they are now :)
Source.7z
(21.1 KiB) Downloaded 552 times
Targets.7z
(239.26 KiB) Downloaded 536 times
ACT Rack X - Michael(Randy412)-RI.rev4bank.sa
reissue edition//delete your old bank unless you like it
(871.6 KiB) Downloaded 559 times
Last edited by Spacekid on Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Spacekid

Post by Spacekid » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:58 am

* 3 new added amp expansion for use with Michael(1960A) / I'm currently working on improving the basic presets for Michael(Randy412){later today}because I believe I can improve the consistency with switching/substituting profiles with it. It's more of a beast at this moment. So here are the 3 additional amps and presets for Michael(1960A). To review, place the amp profiles in your "Target" amps folder and then import the presets to your "ACT Rack X - Michael(1960A)" location in the preset manager, or whatever you have named it. Just remember to keep it separate from the Michael(Randy412) somehow.

*The new amps have now been incorporated into the Randy412 Reissue bank, see download in post above.
ACT RAck X-Michael(1960A) SURH SL68 HW.7z
(90.74 KiB) Downloaded 562 times
ACT Rack X-Michael(1960A) Surh PT-100 Custom.7z
(82.79 KiB) Downloaded 548 times
Secret Melt(3).rev4preset.sa
(99.84 KiB) Downloaded 543 times
:) Enjoy :)
Last edited by Spacekid on Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spacekid

Post by Spacekid » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:57 am

3 new Target EQs. In case you may be confused: for your folders you should have Documents>Targets>EQs then 2 folders in there: Michael(1960A) and Michael(Randy412). You will place these files into the model (1960A or Randy412) that it corresponds to. Overwrite the Michael(1960A) Secret Q that you already have, just to make sure I didn't profile the wrong one originally. It won't affect your presets.

-with the folders, you should also have Documents>Targets>Channels then 2 folders in there: Michael(1960A) and Michael(Randy412)

-also Documents>Targets>Amps :these profiles are independent of the cab used when modeling, use them on either 1960A or Randy412 models

-Documents>Source should house your 2 source profiles: Profile(Michael-1960A) and Profile(Michael-Randy412). Just select the source to match the cab you have open and use that source on amp/channels/EQ changes to the ACT Rack modules

If you get confused, just go step-by-step, or leave a question below

The new EQs:
1960A.7z
(80.83 KiB) Downloaded 537 times
Randy412.7z
(62.58 KiB) Downloaded 535 times

Spacekid

Post by Spacekid » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:24 pm

---------------------------------------------------------------------Presets for ACT Rack X------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm done with adding profile modules for now, the presets included were examples. I'll place presets that I have spent more time with here(anyone can join in, there are many combinations possible).

Michael(Randy412) - Soldano Hot Rod 100P "Diablo" Michael(Randy412) Soldano Hot Rod 100P "Buddha" Remember to go to the ACT Racks and click 'enable' as they are saved as off by default.

patrickguitar

Post by patrickguitar » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:25 pm

Hello all,
I am trying to install it all but I see that is missing the preset Banks ...
Can be found somewhere??
I cannot contact you privately Spacekid

thanks a lot