Not getting any input with my amplink

The AmpKit LiNK audio interface raises the audio fidelity bar for the iPhone platform. AmpKit LiNK is an iPhone, iPod touch* and iPad interface for electric guitar, bass, or any line level source, with an output that can be connected to headphones, powered speakers or a PA.

Moderator: AmpKit Support

nickelbagn

Not getting any input with my amplink

Post by nickelbagn » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:47 pm

I'm using my amplink with an iphone 4 and I'm getting no consistent input. It crackles and if I jostle it around it sometimes comes on. Sometimes it triggers my ipod and sometimes it goes to voice control. The green light does come on, though.

OD138

Re: Not getting any input with my amplink

Post by OD138 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:02 am

This same thing happened to me when I just bought my ampkit link the other day. The green light would come on and everything but no sound, then I pulled the guitar cord that is plugged into the ampkit link out just alittle bit and it started coming through the speakers.

If I plug the guitar cord in all the way the green light comes on but nothing comes out the speakers, everytime I pull the guitar cord out just a tiny bit it starts coming out my speakers and works fine.

I only had one other guitar cord to try and it did the same thing, pull it out a tiny bit and it would work. I'm not sure if I had a different cord and plugged it in all the way if it would work or not, or if I had a different ampkit link I would be able to press the guitar cord in all the way and have it work.

I kinda want to take it back to Guitar Center and get a different one to try but its somewhat far away and I have a feeling it would do the same thing (Plus the service kinda sucked there). It seems to work fine everytime though as long as its pulled out just a tiny bit...I probably should have bought the $5 warranty though because I'm not too sure how long this thing is gonna last, I've only had it a couple days now.

OD138

Post by OD138 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:09 am

Anybody else have this same experience?

Paladin2A

Post by Paladin2A » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:01 am

I bought mine last night. Have iPhone 3Gs. Plug the guitar in I get a green light. When I first plugged the link into my iPhone I got "no input". After trying to find the promised online users manual for about an hour with no success, I started fiddling around with the link again. I took out the batteries that came in the package and replaced them with brand new name brand batteries, but nothing. I unplugged the link and plugged it back in again, slowly, and got a horrible crackling through the earphones, and it showed the input/ output bars at the bottom. The output was fluctuating up into the yellow and red, but still no input. Unplugged it and plugged back in like normal, and nothing. Unplugged and plugged in really slow again and get the horrible crackle and high output with no input. All I get out of the headphones is horrible static. I switched guitar cables, and nothing changed. I took the noise gate out of the setup like some of the other posts suggest, and still nothing.

Not gonna lie, I'm really irritated that I drove an hour round trip to buy this, got it home and now I think I am going to have to drive another hour round trip to return it next week on my next day off.

weasleboy

Post by weasleboy » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:21 pm

Same dealio to report here. Ordered my amplink from the web from a trusted seller and I get no response on the "input" bar. It just reads "no input". I have tried replacing the cords, in, out, slow, wiggle jiggle, holding a hangar wire out the window, and no result. The rest of the ap works fine. I hear the samples in my head phones etc. The light is green but zip, zap, nada. Also looked for the "manual". I think they are referring to the label on the box. I uninstalled and re-installed both the free and plus version of ampkit. I would suggest not ordering from the web just for the whole hassle of return shipping which I will never do but if you buy in person take your I -pad, pod, phone or whatever and make sure it works before you leave the store.

Tom

sbaitso

Post by sbaitso » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:14 pm

I had an issue with my Ampkit Link - sound was thin and out of phase, and the output was really low from the software. I exchanged for a new one and my replacement sounds great, so there could be some bad units out there.

hendersondayton

Post by hendersondayton » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:23 am

Totally here too! I can get no sound. I have interchanged cables, headphones, etc. I have used it on several different guitars (Acoustic) and have gotten nothing. It is frustrating!