Minor, but annoying problem with both my AmpKit Links...?

The AmpKit LiNK audio interface raises the audio fidelity bar for the iPhone platform. AmpKit LiNK is an iPhone, iPod touch* and iPad interface for electric guitar, bass, or any line level source, with an output that can be connected to headphones, powered speakers or a PA.

Moderator: AmpKit Support

bcarlson

Minor, but annoying problem with both my AmpKit Links...?

Post by bcarlson » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:03 pm

Hello,

I purchased an AmpKit Link at Guitar Center in Dallas, TX a week ago, Sunday. I got it home, and it didn't work. I couldn't figure it out... finally, as I was unplugging my guitar cable, I heard a brief noise, and realized that the jack was weird...

I have to plug in my cable into it, then pull it back about 3/16ths of an inch, in order for it to get proper contact. When I do this, it's great! I really like it, the price was decent ($20 would have been better, but hey, I like it!), the sounds are good, and it's fun to mess with the software!

Anyways, I played it for a week, but kept getting annoyed at the jack, so I exchanged it for a new one. This one has the same problem. I was just wondering if they got a bad batch, or something? Should I return this one too, and then just try out a few at the store, before taking it home?

Thanks in advance,

-Ben

Darktonio

Re: Minor, but annoying problem with both my AmpKit Links...?

Post by Darktonio » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:12 pm

Unfortunately it seems many people have the same issue. If it is pluged completely in, it would not work properly and the green light would be off.
Same thing for me.

But I have an other problem, the sound is very very low. I have to increase gain on the app and the volume of my Iphone almost to the max in order to hear something in my earphones. The sound is alos dirty and I do not know what to do...

bcarlson

Post by bcarlson » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:17 pm

Well, thanks for the reply... it's good to know. Does anyone from Peavey ever frequent these forums? If so, what do you want us to do? Switch to the iRig device from IK Multimedia? I suppose not... Help us help you, Peavey! :)

-Ben

OD138

Post by OD138 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:03 am

I also posted awhile back here with the same problem, if my guitar cable is pulled out a tiny bit it works fine. It is alittle annoying though and makes me feel like the device is gonna break easily. This also makes me more nervous since I've now spent a lot of money on the software.

I also wish someone from ampkit/peavey would reply about this. It's interesting to know that you returned yours and still had the same problem, I considered returning mine also but assumed that this would be the case so I didn't want to bother with the hassle.

bcarlson

Post by bcarlson » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:52 am

Thanks for the response... I also directly tweeted @peavey; no response in three days. I think their lack of interest means I'll return this one, and replace it with something else... maybe a new practice amp... those Bugera V5's look interesting... anyone? :)

-Ben