Wet sound pasting into the new Garageband App for ipad?

The AmpKit LiNK audio interface raises the audio fidelity bar for the iPhone platform. AmpKit LiNK is an iPhone, iPod touch* and iPad interface for electric guitar, bass, or any line level source, with an output that can be connected to headphones, powered speakers or a PA.

Moderator: AmpKit Support

lillisno1

Wet sound pasting into the new Garageband App for ipad?

Post by lillisno1 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:31 am

Is it possible to keep "the great ampkit sound" when pasting into the garageband app for ipad.
I've tried, and it seems like you can paste but you will get whatever setup sound you have in your selected track. Even if I select "Copy wet sound" I get the same result. Thankful for any answer to shed light on this matter. Hope my explanation makes sense. Cheers!

bradley_ny

Re: Wet sound pasting into the new Garageband App for ipad?

Post by bradley_ny » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:11 pm

We're waiting to see what Apple does to add audio-in capabilities in the future. Right now, I know of no way to import audio into Garage Band on the iPad. It doesn't support the audio copy/paste standard. If you got to the point where you were able to paste anything at all, I would be really curious to hear more.

Let me know - especially if I've misunderstood your question.

lillisno1

Post by lillisno1 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:15 am

Hi bradley_ny!

Thanks for the quick answer. I think you're right, I tried to C'N'P (copy and paste) a lick from ampkit last night and this time with no success. I must have been imagining things (it was night-time over here in Sweden) and my head was probably a bit fuzzy.

My temporary solution is to bring the Garageband song into Ampkit as a backing track and jam/record over it in there.

Can't wait until (if ever) Apple integrates support for Ampkit in any form for GB, since Ampkit IS the greatest thing to ever happen to portable music equipment.

Thanks again.

bradley_ny

Post by bradley_ny » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:20 am

No worries at all. We'll come back to revisit this if Garage Band gets updated.

bradley_ny

Post by bradley_ny » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:45 am

Hey, Welcome Back!

GarageBand for iPad 1.0.1 was released yesterday, and it supports Audio Copy/Paste.

- Record your session in AmpKit
- Go to "My Recordings"
- Select your session
- Tap the icon at the top right
- Select Copy either for your wet or dry recording
- Flip over to Garage Band
- Add an Audio Recorder track, and go to the Mixer view
- Tap anywhere in the timeline
- Tap "Paste"