Low level and big background noise :/

The AmpKit LiNK audio interface raises the audio fidelity bar for the iPhone platform. AmpKit LiNK is an iPhone, iPod touch* and iPad interface for electric guitar, bass, or any line level source, with an output that can be connected to headphones, powered speakers or a PA.

Moderator: AmpKit Support

plonplon

Low level and big background noise :/

Post by plonplon » Sat May 07, 2011 8:13 am

Hello,
I just bought an ampkit for an ipad ...
But level is really low, ( tried input/output tweaks but no way to have good outpit level without disyortion/feedback) and big noise background is always present ...
Airplane mode turned on ...
Got the same issue with ampkit+ and Amplitube... Sounds a little better with garageband but sound is really crappy...

Level is still really low and unusable in comparison with included demo...
Tried with 3 guitars, both headphones and speakers ....

Any ideas before sending back for refund ?

Thanks...

Plon.

bradley_ny

Re: Low level and big background noise :/

Post by bradley_ny » Sun May 08, 2011 8:43 pm

Plon - I want to get this resolved for you. I think I may be already talking to you over email, but if not, please get in touch with us at info @ agilepartners.com We'll get it fixed right away.

plonplon

Post by plonplon » Mon May 09, 2011 6:26 am

bradley_ny wrote:Plon - I want to get this resolved for you. I think I may be already talking to you over email, but if not, please get in touch with us at info @ agilepartners.com We'll get it fixed right away.
Just send you an email ...

deltone

Post by deltone » Mon May 16, 2011 11:30 am

I just purchased the Link from a local music store and d/l the Ampkit app this weekend, and I'm experiencing the exact same problem--low volume level and huge background noise. Please advise. My email is: [email protected]. Thanks in advance.

David

deltone

Post by deltone » Mon May 16, 2011 2:03 pm

Nevermind--user error. I was able to solve the issue myself as a result of a couple of posts on here, etc.

Folks, this is not necessarily a plug and play device/app. As I learned, you must tweak the input and output settings to get the maximum volume and the least amount of noise from the system. Though I have only done this for one guitar, I assume it will have to be adjusted for each guitar used, due to the unique frequencies of the pickups on each guitar. Also, the same adjustments must be made depending on which amp you select, too, as well as whether you have selected the clean or lead channel on the amp. Once tweaked and set, it worked like a charm.

David

bradley_ny

Post by bradley_ny » Tue May 17, 2011 10:44 am

David - that's very cool of you to post, thanks!

I'll pop in here once more to mention that any time there is an issue, the fastest way to get to us is by emailing at [email protected], or by visiting the Info section of any of our apps (you can contact us direct from there as well)

Whether it's a setup issue, or gear, or a flawed LiNK, we'll get it back on track.

Jand

Post by Jand » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:21 pm

Same issue for me. Got low sound level and lot of noise. See noise appear in outputlevel bar at 45%! Tried all option I can find in this forum and in the fraq. Looks like a DOA to me. I send a mail to support, hope there reply fast because I have a limited time to send it back... I ordered it online on my holiday adres...not sure if I can arrang a refund when I'm back home... Should have know better reading the forum. :( very disapointed.

Jand

Post by Jand » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:22 pm

No response yet. I need to send it back to morrow if i don get any response soon. :(

Jand

Post by Jand » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:34 pm

Anyone please... :?

bradley_ny

Post by bradley_ny » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:03 am

Jand, did you get in touch with us, or vice-versa?

Jand

Post by Jand » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:55 pm

No, I tried it with my gmail adres a10ipadpit AT gmail DOT com to get past a possible spam filter of my regular provider. I did send an mail to [email protected]
Last edited by Jand on Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bradley_ny

Post by bradley_ny » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:59 pm

Getting in touch with you now.

Jand

Post by Jand » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:58 pm

After getting in contact with bradley the testing was fast and we diagnosed that I recieved a defect ampkit. If quality controle was like support it would be a perfect product.

Bradley thanks for your support!