Help!! Ampkit Link ain't working

The AmpKit LiNK audio interface raises the audio fidelity bar for the iPhone platform. AmpKit LiNK is an iPhone, iPod touch* and iPad interface for electric guitar, bass, or any line level source, with an output that can be connected to headphones, powered speakers or a PA.

Moderator: AmpKit Support

Jjh96

Help!! Ampkit Link ain't working

Post by Jjh96 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:58 am

I bought my ampkit link yesterday from a store and when I reached home, I tested it out. It wasnt what I expect from this device. When I plugged in everything correctly, I tested it work but there wasn't any sound coming out fro my phone. And no matter how much I adjust for the input and out put, I couldn't get my input to reach the yellow bar.
Guys, help me ASAP. Thanks!

bradley_ny

Re: Help!! Ampkit Link ain't working

Post by bradley_ny » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:04 pm

Hi - if you're having issues with your LiNK like this, the fastest way to get it corrected is to contact us at [email protected] We'll help get it fixed right away.

MADIMAX

Post by MADIMAX » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:22 am

Try to pull the guitar plug out slowly and see if you get any sound. I had the same problem and many other. There is a problem with the tip connector in the unit.

Kind regards Peter :)

Ju2_Jamm

Post by Ju2_Jamm » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:03 am

Several issues...with my brand new Amplink purchased today

Why can't I get great performance from the 'clean' or 'rhythm' options on all amps? am I doing something wrong cos the sound completely drops to zero when I switch from lead/drive to clean/rhythm...

I seem only able to use the 'lead' or 'drive' options but even then volume is extremely low using earphones or powered speakers even though I have guitar & on max?

and I have probs with sound dropping out

help

bradley_ny

Post by bradley_ny » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:23 pm

Jamm - this sounds like it could be several things.

Following that, how many bars of Input/Output are you getting when you play? You should be seeing healthy amounts of both (well beyond 50%) for most any setup, and up into the yellows for gain/distortion related setups.

The way to start is to set your device volume to 7 blocks, and set the Amp volume to 7 as well. Now, tap the level indicators at the bottom right until you're getting plenty of through-put. Return to the Amp and begin changing the settings as you desire.

Finally, if your sustains are getting "swallowed" - that's an indication the threshold on the Noise Gate is too high. If none of this helps, get in touch with us at info @agilepartners.com and we'll take the next steps.