AmpKit Link / GarageBand

The AmpKit LiNK audio interface raises the audio fidelity bar for the iPhone platform. AmpKit LiNK is an iPhone, iPod touch* and iPad interface for electric guitar, bass, or any line level source, with an output that can be connected to headphones, powered speakers or a PA.

Moderator: AmpKit Support

ouch

AmpKit Link / GarageBand

Post by ouch » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:55 am

Hello,
I buyed my AmpKit Link yesterday together with my Guitar, i connected everything and started GarageBand on my Ipad, with the result of getting no Sound, not from the ipad speaker and not from the headphones :cry: . Do i have to connect anything in special way for use with GarageBand on Ipad? :roll:

I put the cable on the head of the Ampkit (male connector) to the headphone entrance of my ipad and for the guitar there is just 1 wich fits. Even if i put in some headphones to the connector on the ampkit(female connector) there wont be any sound.

If i use the free ampkit app it works but i dont want to pay 3.99 euros for each effect if i got GarageBand with full choice of that included.

hamelame

Re: AmpKit Link / GarageBand

Post by hamelame » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:18 am

So how its work ? I'm looking for buying it , should i buy it ?

bradley_ny

Post by bradley_ny » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:38 am

ouch - I want to first troubleshoot the LiNK itself. When you download the free version of AmpKit and play, do you see the level indicators at the bottom right corner of the app? If there's more to it than that, you should email us at [email protected]

If it's working fine with the free version of AmpKit, it should also work fine with Garage Band (though we like to believe our effects/amps have a bit more depth to them). If you're hearing no audio in Garage Band, it could just be a missing step in the setup, which we're glad to try to troubleshoot.

randy112

Post by randy112 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:36 pm

Seems to be a fairly common issue, because I was encountering the same thing, anyway, thanks for the feedback.

bonastyy

Post by bonastyy » Fri May 15, 2015 12:10 am

My ampkit link will give very loud feedback if I use distortion on garage band? why is this?