AmpKit stay active when in the background

The AmpKit LiNK audio interface raises the audio fidelity bar for the iPhone platform. AmpKit LiNK is an iPhone, iPod touch* and iPad interface for electric guitar, bass, or any line level source, with an output that can be connected to headphones, powered speakers or a PA.

Moderator: AmpKit Support

jamsden

AmpKit stay active when in the background

Post by jamsden » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:51 pm

I would like to use AmpKit with another application such as OnSong so that I can play through my iPad using AmpKit while OnSong displays song lyrics. AmpliTube has an option for this, but I can't find a similar option for AmpKit. If you switch programs, AmpKit shuts off.

In addition, it would be great if AmpKit did not shut off when OnSong plays something from the iTunes library. This way OnSong can show the lyrics, play a MP3 backing track, while you're using AmpKit to provide a guitar amp simulator. This would be a performer's dream.

By the way, thanks for making sure AmpKit works with Apogee Jam on iPad and iPhone - this is a very good setup. No feedback, less noise, input gain control, and no 200Hz bass rolloff.

bradley_ny

Re: AmpKit stay active when in the background

Post by bradley_ny » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:20 pm

Keep in mind, always, that running all of these separate programs simultaneously on a mobile processor can very quickly put you up against limit of things. That's very dangerous in our business, since we depend on quality signal and low latency. (The latter is the first to go when processors start to get upset).

That said, we've had this in our sights for a while, and I encourage you to stay tuned. :)

I don't know the OnSong program you mention, but I'm going to have a look here in a bit. And no worries on the Jam interface, we want to make AmpKit as open ended as we are able. More soon.