AmpKit 1.2 Released Today

The AmpKit LiNK audio interface raises the audio fidelity bar for the iPhone platform. AmpKit LiNK is an iPhone, iPod touch* and iPad interface for electric guitar, bass, or any line level source, with an output that can be connected to headphones, powered speakers or a PA.

Moderator: AmpKit Support

bradley_ny

AmpKit 1.2 Released Today

Post by bradley_ny » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:47 am

http://ampkitapp.com

There's a new update in the App Store this morning, and we've made a huge number of improvements and additions - much of them based on feedback from here. We hope you'll get the chance to give the new version a try!

evolutionmb

Re: AmpKit 1.2 Released Today

Post by evolutionmb » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:15 pm

I just picked up the newer version and loving it. I do have a few ?'s, so hopefully someone can help me.

1. Is there anyway to see your single backing track recording while you are laying down another track over top of the original? I can't tell when to play a harmony over top of the original because I don't know when to cue it up visually. Everything turns into a guessing game as to when to start playing the second part.

2. Can you layer a harmonized backing track over a clean passage for example? In essence, you would have 3 tracks playing at once - one clean single recording, and the two harmonized sections played as one track? Hopefully that make sense, haha. I'm asking this ? Because I'm creating a Whitesnake backing track for "is this love" and I want it to sound right without using another program.

I do have a suggestion for your next pedal package - either a harmonizer like an eventide/axe fx with 3 voicings, or a shimmer pedal like the axe fx ultra can do.

bradley_ny

Post by bradley_ny » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:44 am

Hey - we're glad you're enjoying the new update.

The first comment about having a spectrograph of your backing track so you don't have to guess when to come in is an interesting thought. That sounds more like a live DAW feature, which leads to your second case. We've got that on the radar.

When you mention overlaying a harmonized backing track over a clean passage, you're starting to get into creating complex layered mixes. While we have that on the list as well, what might serve you better is to incorporate a visual mixer like Multitrack DAW or Garage Band that are compliant with Audio Copy/Paste.

What you can do then is to record your solo with a backing track in AmpKit, using the effects you want. Then you can go to the recording and copy it (opting to bounce the backing track, or leave your session solo). You can then paste that track into the other programs, and make as many layers as you want.

We've got all this in mind, and we're already working on the next version of the app. I've got your request for the Harmonizer - The Octapuss pedal is close, but it's more of a Bass Octaver. We'll keep you posted!

ggates1020

Post by ggates1020 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:44 am

I finally had a chance to play with the update along with the new amps and pedals. Great job. The feedback protection is working great. I am hearing more low end as well, which was probably my only complaint before. I look forward to more updates.

smithd88

Post by smithd88 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:51 pm

Phenomenal update...definitely happy about it!

I had a question that hopefully someone on here can answer. I really like the sound in the demo for the new Rocktron Zombie pedal and I purchased the new pedal pack. Is there anywhere where I can find the settings used in those demos? Thanks!

-Dan

Brown Stain

Post by Brown Stain » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:00 am

I just got this app last week. Absolutly fantastic! I'm running it through a pair of Roland powered monitors and couldn't be happier. Gonna try using some 400w powered PA's today. If I like it I have some serious future requests. :D

Brown Stain

Post by Brown Stain » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:41 am

Well, I'm amazed! I used AmpKit through a decent PA system, which worked fine, and found it works great with a pair of E-H .22 Caliber amps. The potental is definetly there to use live. So, is there a foot controller in the works? That alone would be huge. More questions soon.