Copy/Paste Struggles

The AmpKit LiNK audio interface raises the audio fidelity bar for the iPhone platform. AmpKit LiNK is an iPhone, iPod touch* and iPad interface for electric guitar, bass, or any line level source, with an output that can be connected to headphones, powered speakers or a PA.

Moderator: AmpKit Support

MikeNE

Copy/Paste Struggles

Post by MikeNE » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:20 pm

Hi all. I'm new to Ampkit and Garageband and looking for a little help. I just found this thread which seems to answer my question on why I can't paste clips FROM Garageband into Ampkit on my iPad.

http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=23017

Is there any way to copy 'dry recording input' files (wet or dry) FROM Ampkit so I can paste them to Garageband? I've uploaded a few of my own clips using the file sharing option in iTunes, but once there, I can't do anything with them except listen to them. It seems that ampkit recording sessions can be copied, but not the dry recording inputs? Am I missing something?

As a follow up question, can anyone give me an example app that allows pasting IN to Ampkit, and am I correct in assuming that once I paste in, I can copy out?

Thanks for any help,
Mike

bradley_ny

Re: Copy/Paste Struggles

Post by bradley_ny » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:50 am

Good question, Mike, and I can definitely help clarify.

The first thing to be clear about is the difference between each kind of file that you see in the Recordings section:

Sessions - These are recordings you've made in AmpKit, stored in uncompressed WAV format.
Dry Recording Inputs - These are uncompressed WAV files imported over WiFi or via Email.
Backing Tracks - These are any other files (MP3, AIFF, et al) that you've imported into AmpKit.

Right now, you can only copy from the Sessions list. If you wanted to copy a Dry Recording Input, the workaround would be to open a setup, tap the levels at the bottom-right and select the Dry Input you want to record, then record it into a new Session file. You can then copy that file wet/dry to paste into other apps.

To your second question: AmpKit will let you paste the audio from any other app that allows you to Copy. While GB still does not allow you to copy, most other apps do. And yes, once you've pasted in a file, you can copy it out later.