Constant Clicking sound

The AmpKit LiNK audio interface raises the audio fidelity bar for the iPhone platform. AmpKit LiNK is an iPhone, iPod touch* and iPad interface for electric guitar, bass, or any line level source, with an output that can be connected to headphones, powered speakers or a PA.

Moderator: AmpKit Support

jjj18641

Constant Clicking sound

Post by jjj18641 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:39 pm

Hey All,

I've been experiencing an incredibly annoying clicking sound when using any of my amp modeling apps. I currently am using the ampkit link as my interface. The clicking becomes louder when I increase volume in the app or on the phone itself. If I pull all the effects and amp off the signal chain, the clicking remains, it is just much lower in volume.

I'm using an iphone 4s
I have garageband, ampkit and jamup pro XT - all of these applications experience the clicking sound.
I also run multi track DAW

If I bypass the ampkit link and run my phones straight into the phones 1/8 jack, I do not hear the clicking at all. The phone is also not experiencing any audio issues either, in other words, phone calls are clear through the internal speaker as well as external speaker. When I play music....all good. It just seems as though when I am running through the ampkit I am getting the consistent clicking.

I've rebooted the phone
Adjusted volume levels on the device and within the app as well as the amp settings themselves. The clicking gets lower in volume but never goes away no matter what the volume settings are
Turned off wifi
Turned off cellular
Turned off bluetooth
Manually closed all background apps
Purchased a higher grade headphone
Tried multiple guitars and multiple cords
Tried this on multiple devices as well.

I communicated with Bradley on the issue and he was kind enough to send me another unit, but the same thing is happening.

What on earth am I missing here? Is anyone experiencing this too? Are my expectations of audio quality just too high? I am not able to record anything at all due to the fact that the clicking is very clearly present in any recording.

Any suggestions or just validation that this is happening to others.......I'm about to throw in the towel

Giuliano

Re: Constant Clicking sound

Post by Giuliano » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:01 am

It's the same with me.
increase the volume when it happens a crackling audio.