Ampkit link and Peavey Vypyr

The AmpKit LiNK audio interface raises the audio fidelity bar for the iPhone platform. AmpKit LiNK is an iPhone, iPod touch* and iPad interface for electric guitar, bass, or any line level source, with an output that can be connected to headphones, powered speakers or a PA.

Moderator: AmpKit Support

earplug

Ampkit link and Peavey Vypyr

Post by earplug » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:44 am

I know, I posted a very similar post on another board here, but anyway. Has anyone been plugging AmpKit Link into thier Vypyr? Or any other amp with an Aux. input? I tried it and it seems to work great. Finally I can use the Ampkit Link and CRANK it! Feedback seems greatly reduced over using headphones. The light show on the Vypyr keeps on going too, as there is no guitar plugged into the amps standard input jack. Maybe this has been done to death, but I feel like I just discovered Mount Everest or something. This is going to be fun. Also can use Garage Band and play through the Vypyr if wanted. Too cool.
Schecter Diamond Series Damien Elite, Epiphone LesPaul Custom (Zakk Wylde), Roland 40XL, Peavey Vypyr 100 Randall RG50TC (all tube)

earplug

Re: Ampkit link and Peavey Vypyr

Post by earplug » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:26 am

Nobody else does this? Or anything similar? I also run drum loops from the iPad/iPhone into the aux in jack on my Vypyr or any other amp that has the aux input. The Vypyr seems to have some "weird" sounds coming from it if I turn the volume up at all while using the aux in, but the option to control volume with the amp is there with the Vypyr, when I plug into my Roland the only way to control volume is with the iPad or iPhone. I love a really tight, high gain SS sound, and the Ampkit link actually sounds better to me than any of my amps. :shock:
Schecter Diamond Series Damien Elite, Epiphone LesPaul Custom (Zakk Wylde), Roland 40XL, Peavey Vypyr 100 Randall RG50TC (all tube)

Ike7x

Post by Ike7x » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:42 pm

Thank you for posting this! I was trying to find if anyone had thought of this! I'm curious about doing this with my old 15 watt VYPYR that I bought from a pawn shop one day haha. It has an auxiliary in and a headphone/record out, just like yours.

I think I'll look into getting the LiNK! A friend of mine has garage band, this would be great for recording!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.2 MiB) Viewed 6617 times

juliavasa5

Post by juliavasa5 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:17 am

Hi there! I hope someone can help me with this, cause it's driving me mad. What i'm trying to do is to connect ipad, to an interface (boss me-25 pedalboard) and then to my computer, using of course, the ampkit link. The problem is, i can't get any signal from the output. I tried with different cables, adapters, but nothing works. Dont know if the problem lies within the interface, the software(i'm using jamup), or even the cables. If someone can give me a hint, i would be grateful. Thanks!
:mrgreen: :o

squirelova

Post by squirelova » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:44 pm

Yes, I know the rush, discovering that I could use a Line6 iOS interface,in my case, to use apps. like Agile Ampkit, my favorite, and a partner of Peavey. I ignored Ampkit while messing with Amplitube, but once I took advantage of the all inclusive bundle for only about $40, WHOOOA! Ampkit sounds SUPER! They did NOT charge me over and over again for the bundle on a second device either. Thank you Peavey!