Revalver 4 with FCB1010 Uno stompbox mode

ReValver product discussion. This is a user-to-user forum, and not product support.

Moderators: Michael Ljunggren, ReValver Support Team

eoengineer

Revalver 4 with FCB1010 Uno stompbox mode

Post by eoengineer » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:32 pm

Hey all, I am a new user, and first let me just say thanks to the developers involved if any of you happen to see this thread. You all did a great job. I've been a modeling proponent since the first POD, and Revalver 4 is the first modeling technology I have encountered that really FEELS right. Frankly I'm shocked I don't see more chatter about it. Anyway...my issue:

I am using an FCB1010 uno 1.0.4 in stompbox mode, and Im running into issues with the FCB1010 and Revalver not synchronizing the state of the lights and active stompboxes between program changes. I think this is due to not having discrete on/off values programmed.

My questions are -
1.) Is anyone using the FCB1010 in stompbox mode without these issues?
2.) Does anyone know if there are discrete CC values anywhere for the stompboxes?

eoengineer

Re: Revalver 4 with FCB1010 Uno stompbox mode

Post by eoengineer » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:15 pm

Ok, so I spent some time tonight working with the MIDI in Amplitube 4 and Guitar Rig 5 (I hope mentioning this is not a problem??), and was able to get the behavior I want in that application. What I learned in the process has allowed me to refine my question a bit here.

Amplitube and Guitar Rig allow you to assign a CC# (lets say CC20) to the bypass of a stompbox, but the on/off state is set from the value transmitted (either 0 or 127 depending on whether you are turning the stomp on or off) along with CC20. This allows me to program my controller to match the state of those stomps, and nothing ever gets out of sync.

Now, my question is whether Revalver is capable of reading the CC value (0 or 127) to set the state of the stomps like those other applications. I really thing Revalver is superior both in sound in feel, and I would be really disappointed to not be able to use it live for this reason.

r0g

Post by r0g » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:25 pm

Wow the silence is deafening here. It's making me wonder whether I have bought into the wrong platform with Revalver and whether it makes sense to invest any further money in an FCB1010. You've had this setup at least a year now eoengineer, what do you think? Is it worth it? It should be noted I only use Revalver as a plugin (in Reaper) and I'd like to be able to use the Wah without too much fannying around.

Fastwind

Post by Fastwind » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:00 am

The FCB1010 works great with ReValver 4.
You can assign ANY (virtual) knob in ReValver 4 to ANY midi CC.

So you can choose to simply change patches (like on a multi-effect), or program the software to respond to all kinds of midi-triggers and -switches to turn on/off any effect, or even to change volume, gain, wah-wah, and any parameter on the fly with your FCB1010...