Problems with 3rd party AU plugins

ReValver product discussion. This is a user-to-user forum, and not product support.

Moderators: Michael Ljunggren, ReValver Support Team

Raknaar

Problems with 3rd party AU plugins

Post by Raknaar » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:25 pm

I haven't been able to get 3rd party AUs to work properly in Revalver 4 so far. The GUI loads but no processing appears to be be going on as plugin meters show nothing and the sound goes through unaltered no matter the bypass or mono/stereo settings in Revalver or the plugin itself. The plugin GUI also seems very sluggish and occasionaly crashes, In fact the revalver GUI in general seems to sporadically cause logic's meters to run at a lower framerate for some reason. I'm using the latest version of Logic x on the latest El Capitan, and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling revalver with no luck. I talked to Peavey support about the problem some months ago and was hoping the Jul 8 update would fix this but unfortunately the problems are still there. Has anyone else encountered this problem with Logic or any other hosts or found any workarounds?

jdalf

Re: Problems with 3rd party AU plugins

Post by jdalf » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:48 am

Thought i'd bump this up, I tried the same thing the first time this morning, with similiar equiptment, I get the same results.
I'm wondering if I'm missing a step or setup somewhere, was trying s-gear as the plug in.
Would love to get this working
My head's in Mississippi

Peavey's: Generation Standard,Limited EXP ST, Falcon Custom,Vypyr 30, VIP 40

jdalf

Re: Problems with 3rd party AU plugins

Post by jdalf » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:46 pm

Well, just had to horse around with it a bit, went into file>audio midi setup in revalver, it was set to 512 samples, set it to 256 and boom there's sGear. Anything above 256 and theres no sound from the plug, no idea why, you smart folks would know.
YAY!
My head's in Mississippi

Peavey's: Generation Standard,Limited EXP ST, Falcon Custom,Vypyr 30, VIP 40