Newb question re: simple recording/looping

ReValver product discussion. This is a user-to-user forum, and not product support.

Moderators: Michael Ljunggren, ReValver Support Team

rloeb2

Newb question re: simple recording/looping

Post by rloeb2 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:45 am

New to ReValver and sims generally. Have Producer Pack.

Is there a super simple way to do looping or recording of the output I'm getting from Revalver, not for any kind of production...just casual noodling around? I don't care about remixing or editing, just want to get an audio file of my playing to hear my progress, also to play along with a backing track.

I have Audacity, was thinking maybe it can be run as a plugin inside Revalver? Would rather not deal with trying to figure out how to put Revalver into Audacity...

Or maybe there's a simple looper/recording hiding in the stuff I bought in Producer Pack?

Thanks!

holmerz

Re: Newb question re: simple recording/looping

Post by holmerz » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:14 am

hi rloeb2

Pretty new to all this myself, but it works by loading revalver as a plugin in a daw (digital audio workstation), fx. audacity (I use use reaper, which you can demo for free). So you have your guitar signal set up in one track, and you should be able to hear/record your dry signal. Under effects (audacity) click add/remove plugins, find and click revalver, and you should be able to use revalver on this track, in the same way as in stand alone mode.

Hope this helps
Erik

rloeb2

Re: Newb question re: simple recording/looping

Post by rloeb2 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:52 am

Thanks. I also ended up with reaper. I see also that Revalver can load vst plugins itself, and I saw there are looper/recorder vst plugins out there, but in the end seemed like everybody just gets reaper.