Revalver Midi stompbox on/off

ReValver HP, MkIII, and MkIII.V Product Support.

Moderators: Michael Ljunggren, ReValver Support Team

eoengineer

Revalver Midi stompbox on/off

Post by eoengineer » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:48 pm

I just purchased the Revalver producer pack with the intention of using revalver live, and Im running into issues where the stomboxes do not seem to perform as expected as far as the MIDI is concerned when using Gig mode.

Basically, when I switch between various slots in gig mode, it seems as though the slot does not come up in the expected original state (i.e. if the preset used in slot 1 has a chorus and tubescreamer saved in the "on" state, I would expect slot 1 to always get recalled in that state), but instead slot 1 comes up in whatever state I had the slot in before switching to another slot (lets say I turned the chorus off prior to switching away from that first slot, it seems to maintain that non original state instead). Is this intended?

Unfortunately, this is preventing me from being able to use the product for the use case it was purchased for. I would love to find a solution to this issue.

propbeanie

Re: Revalver Midi stompbox on/off

Post by propbeanie » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:50 pm

Well, to each their own. I would expect that if I turned my chorus pedal off, it would still be off when I come back to the pre-set while still using the same session of ReValver4. I'll look through some of my old notes though, and see if I've got something about that, if you don't 'hear' something from PV soon.
84 PV T60, Heritage, Vypyr 30, SanperaII; Win7-64 Home Prem SP-1
& updated - Intel DP43BF P43 w/ Core2 Quad Q8300 4G RAM - ATI
HD 4550 512MB vid - 2xWD Blk SATA 3 750G HD, Asus BD-RW -
EMU 1820M w/ Reaper-64 3.78 - PV ReValver 4 - ADA8000 - LM16

eoengineer

Re: Revalver Midi stompbox on/off

Post by eoengineer » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:04 pm

Thanks for the reply. I don't disagree with you, I can see where some may want to use gig mode in the way you describe, where session maintains a running state for the pedals, regardless of the saved preset/slot settings.

I think what I am discovering is that the midi is limited in a way that I would not expect. Now that I have sat down and had more time to experiment with programming the patches with my FCB1010 (uno chip), it looks like the stompboxes only toggle via midi CC instead of responding to discreet values (amplitube 4 and guitar rig use a value of 0 to turn of the stompbox, and 127 as on).

I did open a support ticket, and received a message that my inquiry was getting forwarded on to engineering. Im not overly optimistic. I think this would require a feature update, which isn't going to happen if only 1 person wants it. :(