ReValver has disappeared from logic!!

ReValver HP, MkIII, and MkIII.V Product Support.

Moderators: Michael Ljunggren, ReValver Support Team

Overlord

ReValver has disappeared from logic!!

Post by Overlord » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:50 pm

Hi! I purchased the Vagner ACT amp last week and then the morning after Logic won’t recognise ReValver 4 at all. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling revalver, running logic in 32 and 64 bit, have rescanned plugins through the audio manager in logic and none of those have worked. I am running logic 9.1.8 and have been using revalver for over a year with no problems. I did update my OS (OS X Yosemite 10.10.5) 3 days beforehand but revalver was still working for a few days after that. Revalver does work stand alone still, just not in logic. Do you have any insight into what may be causing the issue and how i could fix it?

groovemongerer

Re: ReValver has disappeared from logic!!

Post by groovemongerer » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:51 pm

I bought ReValver today and it doesn't show up as an Audio Unit in Logic 9 (same version as you) here either. The AU is installed in the correct Components folder. It shows up fine in Reaper as an AU, and fine in Bitwig as a VST. But missing in Logic.

Tried clearing caches, rescanning the plugins in Logic, deleted Logic 9 and all associated preferences and directories. Repaired permissions. Tried 32bit and 64bit running mode. Tried installing other AUs (they worked fine).

But ReValver 4 is MIA.

Overlord

Post by Overlord » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:15 pm

After trying every known fix (that I know of anyway) several times over all I can think is causing it was the OS update, but logic still works and all my other plugins are working just fine too, and revalver still works stand alone? Have you recently updated your OS, too?

groovemongerer

Post by groovemongerer » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:12 am

I updated to latest El Capitan in the last week or so.

I concluded it must have been some quirk between the latest OS, Logic 9 and Revalver 4. I saw a youtube comment where someone HAD had Revalver 4 and Logic 9 working together but it recently stopped working and vanished from the AU menu.

The only time I've ever had problems with AU plugins is when using some old junky one from years ago. Most commercial ones 'just work'.

I'd been putting off getting Logic Pro X as I hate wasting time on learning new software when what I already have does what I need but as I really wanted to finish off a bunch of tracks with better modelling than Logic 9's Amp sims I just bought Logic Pro X in total frustration. Revalver 4 works like a charm there and it's not too different to 9 but has more of a 'one window' layout.

Bit of a bummer but the modelling itself is killer and the interface is super easy and logical.

Jose Luiz

Post by Jose Luiz » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:59 am

Hello.

We are aware of this issue and we are already investigating.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we are thankful for your patience and support.

José
José Luiz Paiz Junior
Peavey ReValver Support
My banks for MKIII.V:
http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=25152
http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=28688

Cookerama

Post by Cookerama » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:34 pm

I just got my buddy to try out R4 and he is using Logic Pro X version 10. he said that he installed R4 but can't find it in his list of VST's to use. Is this part of the known issue, or can I point him in a direction? Thx