Important volume drops in Revalver

ReValver HP, MkIII, and MkIII.V Product Support.

Moderators: Michael Ljunggren, ReValver Support Team

TheRipper

Important volume drops in Revalver

Post by TheRipper » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:59 am

Hi there,

I'm a fairly new user of Revalver and I'm kind of disappointed... I'm recording my dry clean guitar signal through a Focusrite Saffire Pro 10 i/o in ProTools. I'm running my signal through Revalver to get nice guitar sounds and to be able to change it on demand.

This said, I ran into an annoying problem : It seems that there's important volume drops on certain notes I'm playing. It's odd I know, but it's just like the software isn't processing all the notes the same way. I have recorded 8 songs, 2 mono tracks each, using 2 different top-quality guitars, with different Revalver presets. I'm using the "Engl" and the Demon. Note that my "clean" signal is normal and there's no volume drop at all.

I've try to match my pickups signals... I've change input and output signals... played with the amps settings... I'm out of resources as I'm writing this and I'm thinking about re-amping everything in a studio instead of using the software as it doesn't seem to reach the level expected.

It's also important to mention that I've recorded bass without getting any issues. I've used the David Ellefson bundle and everything sounds fine.

Anyone have an idea about how could I fix this?

Thanks

Jay

johnnypig

Re: Important volume drops in Revalver

Post by johnnypig » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:34 am

It's probably the limiter on the output knob. If you hit the downward arrow button right of the output knob, you can use auto-adjust with the grey button so the limiter won't kick in.

The Vox amp is the loudest making the output limiter squish the most.

TheRipper

Post by TheRipper » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:40 am

Thanks for the hint!

I'll try that and get back to you.

Jay

TheRipper

Post by TheRipper » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:53 am

It worked well so far! Thanks for the tip! I finally can sleep at night! :D